Somewhere Between Cebu And Boracay Island

Corbin
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's quite a bit of land mass(es) but basically where I'm going to roam for a month looking for a permanent local. If anyone knows of a rural(ish) location with a decent home for rent or sale as well as adequate water, electricity and internet .. please drop a note. Money really isn't an issue but since I've never been and surfing can only get you so far, it would be nice to get firsthand knowledge and opinions. Would be nice to find something somewhat near a beach to fish and relax as well. Thx for any info guys.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
4Sun
Posted
Posted

Try Bantayan Island : http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
AnnieLopez
Posted
Posted

Have you been to Negros? it's my mother's hometown, though not as famous as other philippine beaches but it's more tranquil here

http://www.negros-occ.gov.ph/places-of-interest-in-negros-occidental.html

• Like 2

4Sun
Posted
Posted

I was in both places ( Negros & Bantayan ) last year its OK but beaches are black & look dirty + cities are overcrowded, polluted etc. Bantayan beaches are beautiful yellow/white sand + Santa Fe has charming small expat community mostly Scandinavians. Few quite good places to eat run by Europeans like "Blue ice restaurant " in Santa Fe. I would recommended inexpensive nice small, clean hotel directly on the beach " Tristan's resort " with free WIFI, deck with bar ( best home made pizza ) walking distance to " downtown" for about $ 20/N with A/C.

You can make reservation by phone : 63-919-537-1536.

Best prices to rent a scooter were at "Daddy Doks " bar owner on Main street. About 120 php / 24 hrs . This place was open 24/7. Fish market open every morning in Santa Fe & Bantayan or can buy fish directly from fishermans around 7-8 am every morning for half of the market price in tiny village ( Ocoy ) on NE side of the island.

• Like 2