July And August Prevailing Winds

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Can someone please tell me which direction the prevailing winds come from during the July/August time frame?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Can someone please tell me which direction the prevailing winds come from during the July/August time frame?

As a general rule of thumb, the Philippines' Amihan weather pattern is a cool northeast wind begins sometime

in September or October and ends sometime in May or June. 

Throughout the rest of the year, the Philippines experiences the west or southwest wind; south-west monsoon,

which in turn is referred to as the Habagat. The Habagat season is characterized by hot and humid weather,

frequent heavy rainfall, and a prevailing wind from the west.

The above quotes came from this source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amihan

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
prevailing winds

I for the life of me couldn't remember when the prevailing winds blew at that time of the year ...... but I knew if ANYONE knew about blowing prevailing winds it would be my partner Jake ..... as he is quite a wind blower himself ........  :nudie:  :nudie:  :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
I for the life of me couldn't remember when the prevailing winds blew at that time of the year ...... but I knew if ANYONE knew about blowing prevailing winds it would be my partner Jake ..... as he is quite a wind blower himself

Sorry... Jake 'blew it' :hystery: As the original poster was posing in code about a Bob Dylan song.......

Edited by Bruce