Receving Mail/boxes

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I've received three packages myself while being here in Cebu. One from a friend, a large envelope below one kg sent by air mail from Norway - took one week.I've also ordered three books from Amazon, wrapped up in two boxes. Took one month from ordering.A Norwegian friend of mine was sent a box from Norway, about 5-6 kg, took 4 month to arrive.So what's your experience with receveing boxes from home?Walk on,Lars

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I mailed myself a package from the US before I left and it go here almost exactly 30 days from the time I mailed it ..... now if I need something I ask friends to bring it when they come or have stuff sent in a balik bayan box they maybe sending ...... the mail is just not that reliable ... IMHO

Mik
Posted
Posted

Several years ago I shipped over 20 LBC balikbayan boxes to myself. They all arrived in about 5 weeks with none missing or pilfered. A few times a year I have my mail from the US forwarded to me via International Priority mail. It takes about 10 days and I pick it up at the post office.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Last year, my friend in the states sent me a few Magic Jacks for other expats and the one he sent certified with a return receipt requested came in a few days and came right to our door at our condo and I had to sign for it and pay I think it was p40 to the mail man who delivered it, but it did get here. He sent me 2 Magic Jacks regular mail and mailed them a week or so before he sent those and I finally received a notice that they arrive at the post office near Colon and we had to go pick them up, so those took a little over 2 weeks but also got here and I also had to pay the same fee at the post office when I picked them up. So all in all, so far I am batting 100 for the 2 out of 2 and all balikbayan boxes that we have sent over the years have always arrived, but we have not sent as many as some of the members here have.

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have my mail forwarded from the UK every two weeks, this is sent via normal un-registered mail, it takes about ten days and has been arriving regularly for at least three years,John

Edited by johnb

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I've received three packages myself while being here in Cebu. One from a friend, a large envelope below one kg sent by air mail from Norway - took one week.I've also ordered three books from Amazon, wrapped up in two boxes. Took one month from ordering.A Norwegian friend of mine was sent a box from Norway, about 5-6 kg, took 4 month to arrive.So what's your experience with receveing boxes from home?Walk on,Lars
The large envelope was probably sent as first class mail. The larger items as packages which go slower. Books are the cheapest and slowest to send. (They go by sea turtle :th_exactly: :SugarwareZ-037: )

• 1 month later...
Michael
Posted
Posted

I was setting at a sari sari store in Obong. A guy stops on a motorcycle and asks if anyone know a Michael B. I say that is me and he hands me a Christmas card from the states. It was first class and took about two weeks. Over the years some of the letters we sent my wife's parants never were delivered. I believe all the BB boxes were sent arrived though.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have shipped a couple of boxes of medical goods to Samar by Fedex. Expensive? yes, but delivered in 10 days and trackable. To me, still living in the US and making US money, worth the price. Neither box was opened by customs and the Fedex driver in Samar collected 2400 pesos in customs duty.

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I sent 3 BB boxes in April from the US and they arrived last week ( Second week of June )

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I was setting at a sari sari store in Obong. A guy stops on a motorcycle and asks if anyone know a Michael B. I say that is me and he hands me a Christmas card from the states. It was first class and took about two weeks. Over the years some of the letters we sent my wife's parants never were delivered. I believe all the BB boxes were sent arrived though.
Sometimes they will open letters if they think there is money or something of value inside. If I have something that has to get there I send it registered mail. I send post cards most of the time. They usually take about two weeks to arrive. I used to use Aerograms but they don't have those anymore. A BB box from here takes about 6 weeks to Cebu.