The Happiest Countries In The World

Hotrod
Posted
Posted

The residents of Switzerland are the most satisfied with their lives, according to the latest Better Life Index report, released this week by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Switzerland has moved up to the top spot, bumping Denmark to fifth. For the third year, the United States failed to make the top 10, while countries like Canada, Mexico and all the Scandinavian nations did.

The Better Life Index rates the 36 OECD countries in 11 areas that aim to cover every aspect of life. The OECD looked at housing, income, jobs, education, community, the environment, civic engagement, health, safety, work-life balance and life satisfaction. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the Better Life Index and ranked the countries based on the life satisfaction measure alone. These are the 10 countries whose residents are most satisfied with their lives.

Find more information here...:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-happiest-countries-in-the-world-165510616.html

Hmmm... makes me wonder what I am doing here in the Philippines then... lol !

• Like 1

Hotrod
Posted
Posted

Lol - that' s interesting... ! I guess it' s "different strokes for different folks", or something... hehehehe... ;)

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
while countries like Canada, Mexico and all the Scandinavian nations did.

Of course Mexico did ..... they're all living and working in the US now ..... what's there not to be happy about ..... :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

while countries like Canada, Mexico and all the Scandinavian nations did.

Of course Mexico did ..... they're all living and working in the US now ..... what's there not to be happy about ..... :mocking:

And the ones that couldn't sneak into the US are busy killing off all the Canadian tourists!   

I like Tom's report better...  We're Number Three!  We're Number Three!  We're Number Three!  

:mocking:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
d the ones that couldn't sneak into the US are busy killing off all the Canadian tourists!   

Do you mean the ones that are always falling off balconies to their death?

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Lol - that' s interesting... ! I guess it' s "different strokes for different folks", or something... hehehehe... ;)

I don't get it.  They are both supposed to be from the same source, OECD.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We're Number Three! We're Number Three! We're Number Three!

Of course you're number 3 .... anyone who has to consume large quantities of anti-freeze (like JB .... Gordon's London or Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm and Cold Duck) because their brain stays frozen 3/4 of the year has to be happy .....  hummmmm .. wait a minute I drank large quantities of Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm and Cold Duck back in the day ...... maybe that's what's wrong with me ...... never mind .... :nudie: :hystery: :hystery:

post-11-0-22020300-1370135008_thumb.jpg            post-11-0-84390600-1370135742_thumb.jpg     post-11-0-66304400-1370135790_thumb.jpg         post-11-0-48169200-1370135827_thumb.png

Now while doing my research I came across this ..... check out the price ..... back in the day this would have been for a case ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

post-11-0-63116900-1370135952_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We're Number Three! We're Number Three! We're Number Three!

Of course you're number 3 .... anyone who has to consume large quantities of anti-freeze (like JB .... Gordon's London or Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm and Cold Duck) because their brain stays frozen 3/4 of the year has to be happy .....  hummmmm .. wait a minute I drank large quantities of Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm and Cold Duck back in the day ...... maybe that's what's wrong with me ...... never mind .... :nudie: :hystery: :hystery:

attachicon.gifAnnie.jpg            attachicon.gif77ripple.jpg     attachicon.gifBoone's Farm Strawberry Hill 2.jpg         attachicon.gifimg_4034_2.png

Now while doing my research I came across this ..... check out the price ..... back in the day this would have been for a case ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

attachicon.gif005.JPG

When Andres was still in Niagara Falls many many years ago, we used to hop the fence and nab one of the kegs they used before they sent it off to the bottling plant.  They looked like an oversized beer keg.  Many a sick sick weekend spent after a wild Friday night of my teen years.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

d the ones that couldn't sneak into the US are busy killing off all the Canadian tourists!   

Do you mean the ones that are always falling off balconies to their death?

One guy gets drunk and fell off his balcony - the other was a girl who they think jumped to avoid being raped by one of the locals.  2 in total.  We only hear about the ones that take place on the "secure" "safe" tourist resorts. And that happens aobut once every week or 2.  We don't hear about the murders that happen inland to those who spend their winters there anymore...  or are ex-pats there.  Why?  Because most have moved away or are already dead.  Heck, I know a few Mexicans who won't go home to visit family anymore because it's too dangerous for them now that they are known to be living in Canada.