Philippine Airlines Expands Australian Presence With Flights To 3 More Cities

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I did a test search from Brisbane to Cebu and return for next month, only $693. Only problem is one has to go through Manila but probably the cheapest way from Brisbane at the moment.

post-1-0-41205400-1370221525_thumb.jpg

Philippine Airlines expands Australian presence with flights to 3 more cities

MANILA, Philippines - Flag carrier Philippine Airlines will expand its Australian presence starting this month by adding Darwin, Perth and Brisbane to the roster of flights.

The additional routes bring to five the number of PAL’s connections to Australia, including Sydney and Melbourne, and the flag carrier’s international destinations to 39.

“The new connections are envisioned to increase passenger traffic between the Philippines and Australia and strengthen bilateral ties between both countries. Return flights from these cities make Manila an ideal gateway to popular Asian destinations like Hong Kong, China, Japan and Korea and a jump-off point to the country‘s top travel spots,” PAL president Ramon Ang said.

PAL serves the Manila-Perth-Manila service via Darwin four times weekly. The Manila-Brisbane-Manila service via Darwin is thrice weekly.

While flights to Darwin and Perth are maiden journeys, the flight to Brisbane marks PAL’s third return to the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland.

PAL operated the Manila-Brisbane route in 1982 to 1998, and reopened briefly in 2009 until 2010 before this year’s return. PAL had an inaugural flight to Sydney on Oct. 6, 1965 while and the maiden service to Melbourne commenced on Sept. 9, 1971.

The airline now deploys 7,400 seats a week on these routes, making it the largest carrier between the Philippines and Australia. The frequencies will benefit the 300,000 Filipinos who reside Down Under and the 5,000 Australian expatriates in the Philippines. Last year, 191,150 Australian nationals visited the Philippines, making Australia the country’s sixth-largest tourism market.
  • Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Every Monday I get this in an email.  Short notice booking but cheap.

http://philippineairlinespromos.com/edm/03JUNEMONDAY_MADNESS/

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Same old story.  If a foreigner is making money then a filipino will copy it.  Philippine Airlines is now doing what Jet Star has been doing for some time.  They must be making money at it.

• Like 1

ozepete
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone actually booked one of these low cost flights? I tried Manila-Bris-Manila with various dates etc., this morning and couldn't get anywhere after several hours of trying... is it just a sucker promo? At $100.00 return it was obviously too good to be true  :as-if:

Edited by ozepete
  • Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Having looked into it a bit deeper I found this page on philair

http://www1.philippineairlines.com/special-offers/monday-madness/

The price jumps a lot reminds me of RyanAir in the UK

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Has anyone actually booked one of these low cost flights? I tried Manila-Bris-Manila with various dates etc., this morning and couldn't get anywhere after several hours of trying... is it just a sucker promo? At $100.00 return it was obviously too good to be true  :as-if:

Well I did a test just for any date in july and the fare is $80.  :)

post-1-0-97993400-1370424546_thumb.jpg

Now look at the extra cost and what it is

post-1-0-18765600-1370424562_thumb.jpg

Total AUD $572.98

• Like 1

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

Same old story.  If a foreigner is making money then a filipino will copy it.  Philippine Airlines is now doing what Jet Star has been doing for some time.  They must be making money at it.

Jetstar dont go from Perth to Manila via Darwin, they go via Singapore which is much longer withlay overs and more expensive.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well I did a test just for any date in july and the fare is $80.  :)

attachicon.giffare.jpg

Now look at the extra cost and what it is

attachicon.gifsurcharge.jpg

Total AUD $572.98

Yeah, but all the hidden charges are on the Australian end...

You have to find somewhere to fly to that has lower hidden charges!

:mocking: