Casa Verde

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Went to Ayala last night with my wife and father, looking for a place to eat. I looked up on top floor and saw they've opened Casa Verde there. Having heard a lot of good things about Casa verde near Fuente, we decided to have a go.We ordered the famous "Brian's ribs" - at 250 peso, which the menu stated should include corn on cob and coleslaw. Instead, it turned out to be rice and some not well cooked carrots. The ribs was wonderful though, absolutely worth the visit. My wife had some Tavern shrimps which was quite good too. Service was - hmmm - a little messy. The food arrived very quickly, and before the beers. My wife didn't get her shake before half way through her meal, but sure tasted good when it arrived. But staff was nice and seemed to work as fast as possible.It seems they might struggle with some smaller problems due to the newly opening, but still absolutely worth the trip for the ribs. I'm pretty sure things will be fine after a while.Walk on,Lars

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I went there the two days ago for a late lunch with Mike S and Julie and the ribs were p188, I wonder if they raised the price or charge more for dinner than lunch? They had a sign on the door which said something like almost open please bare with us, or something like that, and the menu also only had some things available on it and others had tape over them. I think they are really not fully open yet and if given some time, they will be as good as the other two locations they have. The ribs are great IMO and that of my wife and as Lars already said, and I am sure they will be up and running and worth another try in the future.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

The original Casa Verde is not a Mecca of good service so I would not expect anything too good from the new one.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well Lee .. Nila .. and Julie did OK ...... but they forgot my fish and chips ...... and as Lee sat there guarding his rib order like a junk-yard dog guarding his bone ...... I just had to wait ...... I mean how long does it take to fry fish and chips ....... now the "death-by-chocolate" dessert was awesome and one piece of it fed two people with no trouble ......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The original Casa Verde is not a Mecca of good service so I would not expect anything too good from the new one.
My wife and I eat at the one near Robinson's pretty often, maybe once or twice a week, and they always give us excellent service. We usually sit in the aircon room and I have to admit that we always tip them when they give us good service and we make a point of being very friendly with the staff. I think you often get what you give here in the Philippines and we do not have to tip very much to get good service, but we do put in an extra effort to be nice and IMO that goes a long way.As for the fish and chips at the Ayala Casa Verde that Mike S ordered, they must have gone fishing first to catch the fish or sent out to fish and chips back in the states and had it shipped in from there. :SugarwareZ-037: poor Mike had to suffer and watch us all eat, but they must have looked at his reserve pouch and figured he could wait a long time. SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif

• 5 months later...
mikewatchnu
Posted
Posted

Well we go to Casa Verde once a week for the last couple of years, we used to go to the orginal one, now we go to I.T.Park and Alala, I get the steak most of the time or the ribs I always ask for the mashed potato and also the fish and chips, (great) my wife always gets the ribs with mashed potato, we both enjoy it there :1 (103): Michael

My wife and I eat at the one near Robinson's pretty often, maybe once or twice a week, and they always give us excellent service. We usually sit in the aircon room and I have to admit that we always tip them when they give us good service and we make a point of being very friendly with the staff. I think you often get what you give here in the Philippines and we do not have to tip very much to get good service, but we do put in an extra effort to be nice and IMO that goes a long way.As for the fish and chips at the Ayala Casa Verde that Mike S ordered, they must have gone fishing first to catch the fish or sent out to fish and chips back in the states and had it shipped in from there. :thumbsup: poor Mike had to suffer and watch us all eat, but they must have looked at his reserve pouch and figured he could wait a long time. SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted

good food at a reasonable price compared to what most other places charge