How To Send Pet Blood Samples From The Phils To The Uk

temploni
Posted
Posted

I am moving back to the UK at the end of this year.The problem I have are my 3 dogs and 2 cats which i bought with me 2 years ago.I need to send blood serum to the UK laboratory to check that there is adequate anti bodies in the blood against rabies.It cannot be done here as the labs are not recognised or registered with the UK.I am having problems getting a courier to take this shipment although i will pack the samples as per the IATA regulations.Has anyone else faced this problem or can someone suggest a courier who will take it.I have tried DHL and the representative for FEDEX.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have you contacted the UK embassy?

ask them what they suggest ?

or contact someone from the "MANILA CLUB" (thats the english expats club)

or NOMADS sports club? thats another uk expat org,

someone from there should be able to give you a up to date answer if your not able to obtain one from here.

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am moving back to the UK at the end of this year.The problem I have are my 3 dogs and 2 cats which i bought with me 2 years ago.I need to send blood serum to the UK laboratory to check that there is adequate anti bodies in the blood against rabies.It cannot be done here as the labs are not recognised or registered with the UK.I am having problems getting a courier to take this shipment although i will pack the samples as per the IATA regulations.Has anyone else faced this problem or can someone suggest a courier who will take it.I have tried DHL and the representative for FEDEX.

Hi Temploni, Sorry but I do not have a definite answer, however I would like to suggest that you ask one of the larger veterinary surgeries in your local area, they may have the information you require for sending blood overseas.

John

Edited by johnb

samatm
Posted
Posted

That seems like a lot of nonsense!   how could the UK lab verify the samples are from your dogs.   Best to just have the  Rabies vaccination here.. take the dogs to the UK,  have them in quarantine until the blood tests come back positive .

Sorry no answer to your question.    ASK the right people in the industry.