Just Gotta Share This

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ever wonder which ports are active on your computer and what or who is using them ..... just found this neat little program that will tell you all that and more ...... give it a try ... please let me know if it works ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:  ....... well that went to sh*t ..... it is a zip file ... how do I put a zip file here ???????????? .... never mind I think I figured it out ..... :hystery: :hystery:

cports.zip

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Ever wonder which ports are active on your computer and what or who is using them ..... just found this neat little program that will tell you all that and more ...... give it a try ... please let me know if it works ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:  ....... well that went to sh*t ..... it is a zip file ... how do I put a zip file here ???????????? .... never mind I think I figured it out ..... :hystery: :hystery:

attachicon.gifcports.zip

I tried it and it seems to work fine.  Luckily I don't see anything unusual using my ports!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OMW ...... I use a Core Temp widget on my screen and keep it "always on top"  so I can see if one of my 4 cores or cpu temp should begin to escalate  ..... then I just click on the saved port checker to see if something is trying to get in or out ..... I had another program to check my ports with but I had to go through 3-4 steps to get to it .... this is much simpler and easier ...... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

OMW ...... I use a Core Temp widget on my screen and keep it "always on top"  so I can see if one of my 4 cores or cpu temp should begin to escalate  ..... then I just click on the saved port checker to see if something is trying to get in or out ..... I had another program to check my ports with but I had to go through 3-4 steps to get to it .... this is much simpler and easier ...... JMHO

keep it "always on top" 

Hmmm.....should I respond to this?  Oh, never mind.  Anyway, I really admire your skills and knowledge

on many computer software applications.  You're even a technical geek on the hardware too!  Not bad

for a US Marine grunt.  

In regards of monitoring and protecting my ports......oh, never mind -- good boy ako....he, he.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

keep it "always on top" 

Hmmm.....should I respond to this?  Oh, never mind.  Anyway, I really admire your skills and knowledge

on many computer software applications.  You're even a technical geek on the hardware too!  Not bad

for a US Marine grunt.  

In regards of monitoring and protecting my ports......oh, never mind -- good boy ako....he, he.

Jake, one a related note, seems that our young Navy sailors are computer geeks too!  There is a ship in port here this weekend and a lot of guys (and a few gals) are walking around the Freeport.  In Ayala mall, most of your fellow Navy computer geeks were in the computer stores!   :thumbsup:

• Like 3