Doing The Right And Avoiding The Wrong

karanguniman
Posted
Posted

I am a singaporean, loves the Philippines and would wants to marry my wife to be from the Philippines.As my status is as of now a divoce man, can i marry my wife to be in the Philippines and stay on in the Philippines.? I am renoucing my Singapore citzenship as i no longer have a family back there, and since my interest is only in this country, how can i stay on from here after my marriage to my wife. Back some 16 months ago, when i came here, i registered a corporation with the securities exchange commission here. though my stake is only 40 percents of the corporate entity, i am prepared to share the corporate earning with my local incorporator, after deduction of taxes and expenses, but instead of my good will to them, they expolited my investment and even cheated me of 1 million peso. I have not taken action against them as $$$ is not really an issue here, but the people surronding me. Today, i trusted only my wife to be and i am once again going to commit to buying of lots and build house here just for the basic needs of the family where roof is of the importances to all. i am not even interested in having these in my names as i wants to put them in my wife to be name so she could manage and carry on our life here together as a family. She is a single mother with a daughter, which i am prepare to foster and accept. Please advise me if any help could be advise to me as i am already 52 years of age. $$$ cannot buy me the beauty and love for this country, even so for my wife to be, i just wanted a peace of mind here and see through our new family can feels the warms and securities which i would like to extend to.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
As my status is as of now a divoce man, can i marry my wife to be in the Philippines and stay on in the Philippines.?

I do not know about citizens of Singapore.  Citizens of many other countries can be divorced in their own country and then marry a wife in the Philippines and stay on a 13a Visa.  Research 13a Visa to get more info pertinent to you.

As far as being cheated in the Philippines, welcome to the club, it happens to many newcomers until they learn to Trust but Verify.  That goes for wives too.  There are many good ones but sweet smiles, charming obedience and good looks do not make them trustworthy.  Be sure.  Be very, very sure.  And then you will be happy.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum! Great question but difficult to answer.

Without being negative against Philippines or Filipinos it is by far best to keep your wealth outside Philippines controlled by only you. This topic is one that not all members agree with but investing money in a Filipino business can endanger your bank account even your life. Its just not worth the risk.

Best wishes on your new life in Philippines.

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum! Great question but difficult to answer.

Without being negative against Philippines or Filipinos it is by far best to keep your wealth outside Philippines controlled by only you. This topic is one that not all members agree with but investing money in a Filipino business can endanger your bank account even your life. Its just not worth the risk.

Best wishes on your new life in Philippines.

I agree with Old55.. By partnering with a Filipino you are giving them a reason to take you to the cleaners (they own the majority of the company). I have heard many a horror story about the business being taken away from the foreigner. I would NEVER have a Filipino partner(s) that held the majority of stake. You will have very little recourse thru their legal system no matter how much the amount taken was.  As others have said (here and elsewhere), once you are worth more dead than alive they will opt for the first option. 

By keeping the majority of your $ out of country, you ensure it's safety and security. Keep what you need in-country only.

As for the OP, you will need to get an eligibility certificate(affadavit) of marriage from your Embassy. Once you have this, along with your divorce decree, you can apply for a marriage license. It takes 10 days for the license to be issued. Once issued, you have 120 days to complete the transaction. I would suggest that once married, to take her on a honeymoon out of country. Then come back and have them stamp the 13A upon arrival. You can then file the necessary paperwork at a leisurely pace (apply for ICard, etc..). You will also need a Police Clearance certificate from your Home Country. 

There is no need to renounce your Singaporean citizenship to stay on a 13A. I would research the tax implications on your wealth should you become a Philippine citizen.

Edited by jon1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If your company NEED land to run the own business, then YOU can own 40% of it also as a foreigner.

(If not solve it that way partly through company) which need much land, then property can be solved by 

longtime LEASE the LAND 

and FOREIGNER own 100 % of the HOUSE by himself.

(It's a antidummy law where wifes are counted SAME as you, but I son't know if that goes for only business or for land too.)

One of my business ideas suit to have 40% yourself and the rest are SPLIT between houndreds of Filipins, who don't know each other  :)   (But it's harder to handle, and it only suit some types of businesses anyway.) Perhaps even combine it with joint venture with a company I own abroad. 

Other solution ideas:

/Exporting at least 60% of the revenue. Then the foreigner can own 100 % of the FILIPIN company by himself.

/Do a joint venture where you have a company in e g Singapore or HongKong.  The foreign company own the substantial values.  (If I don't start the company, which need much land, or an export company, then I plan to let my foreign company own all equipment, and "licences" too if there can be any, then the Filipin company "lease" it for a revenue/profit share or - more safe :)  - a static sum. Even a business Filipina I know, solve it by get static sum, so no difference if partner try to fool her the revenue/profit/harvest is smaller than it is  :)   

/Someone told he has simple partnerships in many SMALL different businesses, partnering with different Filipins in each  =Spreading the risks  :)