Bbq Time

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a quick look at our neighborhood. Cousins Rogena and Vivien are making roadside bbq (not roadkill bbq, funny man). Now you can see how I am living the dream! Retirement sure is tough ha ha

I was trying to show my brother I don't really live in the jungle... I am not sure if I succeeded. :tiphat:

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hey! Just what is wrong with road kill? There are several cook books for 'Road Kill' and let us not forget Granny Clampett's 'possum stew'!

Your area looks like Samar... but without the hills. But your BBQ is better quality. Same style foods, but it looks as if you are missing out on the wonderful chicken intestine on a stick (not kidding). What is strange to me is that in the Philippines, they do not eat the gizzard, but they do in the US. However in the US they do not eat the intestine of the chicken.  

Does the family own this land? Or are the 'informal settlers'? And where are all the dogs and cats running around that should be in the video? Oops.... I forgot BBQ.... 

Looks like you are settled in well. As for your brother... he has his future and you have yours and mom loved you more anyway which is why he is jealous!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey! Just what is wrong with road kill? There are several cook books for 'Road Kill' and let us not forget Granny Clampett's 'possum stew'!

Your area looks like Samar... but without the hills. But your BBQ is better quality. Same style foods, but it looks as if you are missing out on the wonderful chicken intestine on a stick (not kidding). What is strange to me is that in the Philippines, they do not eat the gizzard, but they do in the US. However in the US they do not eat the intestine of the chicken.  

Does the family own this land? Or are the 'informal settlers'? And where are all the dogs and cats running around that should be in the video? Oops.... I forgot BBQ.... 

Looks like you are settled in well. As for your brother... he has his future and you have yours and mom loved you more anyway which is why he is jealous!

Good one Bruce!  My days as a young sailor stumbling towards main gate was often interrupted

by stopping for some mystery meat on a stick.  Chase it down with one more San Magoo and I'm

good to go.

Tuka Ram......you're the man!  I had tears in my eyes as your wonderful video reminds me of my

younger days of dodging all the dog, cat, goat, human and carabao droppings....he, he.  I didn't

have a maid so I scrapped most of that chit out from my rubber slippers.  I could also remember

the dead silence of the night and the brilliant stars of the Milky Way.  

King Tuka Ram of the barrio in Oton, Philippines is my new hero.  Completely surrendering his 

western convenience by finally living his dream of zero stress.  Don't forget to give a cigar to the

neighborhood Kapre -- you will be his bitch for life.....he, he. 

Respectfully -- Jake

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

There were a few stray dogs just out of camera... 

I have had the intestines and they aren't bad, really.  But in all honesty I did like them better before I knew what they were.  I was eating one when they said they were surprised I liked intestines.  I had a bite in my mouth and I could feel when the flavor changed!  Ignorance can be bliss ha ha

I don't know of any squatters in the area.  Her family, on her mothers side, owns quite a bit of the land here.  There is a vacant lot (first shot of the video) that they want me to buy.  I am not going to be in a position to buy for 5 years - when I actually retire.  So I told them not right now... maybe later... maybe...  :tiphat:

~Edit~

...I could also remember the dead silence of the night...

Silence of the night?  Silence?  Where?  Between the stray dogs, the roosters, and the karaoke, we can hardly sleep at all ha ha!

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, what a great little video it made me miss Philippines very much. Some of my best memory's are from when we stayed out in da Providences.