Computer Trouble Shooting Aid

Mike S
Posted
Posted

For all you techies out there here is a really neat site I found for troubleshooting your computer problems with generic flow charts ..... have fun .... :thumbsup:

http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

:cheersty:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

For all you techies out there here is a really neat site I found for troubleshooting your computer problems with generic flow charts ..... have fun .... :thumbsup:

http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

I think the logic flow charts are incomplete.......if all else fails, perform a vibration test using a

crescent hammer......he, he.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I think the logic flow charts are incomplete.......if all else fails, perform a vibration test using a crescent hammer......he, he.

But Jake .... I thought you used the crescent/hammer first ..... then follow the flow charts .... :hystery: :hystery:  ........ I think just for sh*ts and giggles I'm gonna take a snapshot of the flow charts and keep them in a file folder  just in case the website disappears .... you know stranger things have happened with websites ....  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the logic flow charts are incomplete.......if all else fails, perform a vibration test using a crescent hammer......he, he.

But Jake .... I thought you used the crescent/hammer first ..... then follow the flow charts .... :hystery: :hystery:  ........ I think just for sh*ts and giggles I'm gonna take a snapshot of the flow charts and keep them in a file folder  just in case the website disappears .... you know stranger things have happened with websites ....  :thumbsup:

Hmmm.......I wonder if there is a troubleshooting flow chart to resolve issues with disappearing websites....he, he.

That Boot Failure Flow Chart is pretty extensive.  It would be easy for me to skip some steps or be distracted and

go out in left field.  My crescent hammer beckons me......

Many moons ago, I was in charge of a small group of combat systems technicians on board a missile cruiser.  One

of the exercises involved a surface to air missile (SM-2) failure to launch when the firing key was pressed.  I skipped

to the last step and initiated a jettison sequence immediately. 

post-686-0-98943900-1371353268_thumb.jpg

Even though it was just an exercise using the standard troubleshooting flow chart, the captain was pissed.  The very

first step that I ignored was to check its' warhead.  If it's a nuke warhead -- do not jettison.  The flow chart did not

elaborate how to safely disarm this type of weapon.  How do you un-cook a missile that is cooking on the rails?

I penciled in and modified step 2: bend over and kiss my ass goodbye....that douche bag captain had no sense of humor.

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Actually, this is the better flow chart.....

post-1666-0-14847100-1371548405_thumb.jp

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I went through the charts and I have to say they are incomplete - though for the average "untrained" person, they are quite good.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Actually, this is the better flow chart.....

attachicon.gifproblem-solving-flow-chart_zps3f8d92e7.jpg

Oh Steve, you're after my own heart!  You and I need to trade some crescent-hammer stories

about bench work - especially, independent bench work.....he, he.

Good one Steve -- Jake (still stuck in the engine room)