Cebu Pacific Another Landing Incident

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Less than two weeks after one of its planes got into a runway accident in Davao City, another Cebu Pacific aircraft skidded on the runway and damaged runway lights at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport on Thursday.

Manila International Airport Authority general manager Jose Angel Honrado said Cebu Pacific Flight 5J 448 from Iloilo City was landing on Terminal 3’s Runway 06 during heavy rain around 4 pm. Thursday when it skidded and damaged five runway edge lights.

Flight 5J 448, which was carrying 85 adults, seven children and three infants, landed safely despite the faulty landing, but Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines Director General William Hotchkiss said the plane has been grounded and its pilots automatically suspended pending an investigation.

NAIA Terminal 3 manager Octavio Lina also chided Cebu Pacific operations personnel for failing to immediately report the incident to airport authorities and ordered Cebu Pacific to explain and shoulder the cost of the damage.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2013/06/15/cebupac-plane-skids-on-naia-runway/

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Landing is always good. I do not mind a rough landing as long as I have arrived at my destination. But I feel sorry for those waiting for that same plane to arrive and then take them where they needed to go.

Of course if the rough landing is in the US....... there are those damn lawyers to think about....