Bacolod City Commercial Video

Mike S
Posted
Posted

For those that might be a bit interested in what Bacolod City looks like here is a sample commercial video taken by the Living Asia Channel ..... pretty good viewing but it is designed to just show the good life .... only a couple of the restaurants have we eaten in and absolutely none of the hotels .... just to rich for my blood ....  :mocking:  ... anyway enjoy  :cheersty: 

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A very beautiful place!  So clean and well looked after!  I would not mind living there at all!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes Bob .... I agree it is very clean much so more than Cebu but then the city is much smaller ..... you can drive through our neighborhood and not see any trash .... each hose has a trashcan made for recycled tires provided for by the Brgy ... with trash pickup once a week .... we find Bacolod city to be much more laid back but I do miss some of the better shopping opportunities that a big city offers but as they say "you can't have it all" .... we find the people here much more friendly and courteous and will almost always smile back if you smile at them .... and they are not near as noisy as Cebuano's ..... JMHO ...... cost of living we find to be cheaper but of course things like cable .... DSL etc. are the same .... our electric is cheaper here than in Cebu but then the last place we rented from had sub-meters and ripped us off royally ..... our electric bills here are almost 1/2 of what we paid in Cebu ..... BUT are the same as when we first moved to Cebu and had direct billing .... anyway we are happy so I guess that is all that matters .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yes Bob .... I agree it is very clean much so more than Cebu but then the city is much smaller ..... you can drive through our neighborhood and not see any trash .... each hose has a trashcan made for recycled tires provided for by the Brgy ... with trash pickup once a week .... we find Bacolod city to be much more laid back but I do miss some of the better shopping opportunities that a big city offers but as they say "you can't have it all" .... we find the people here much more friendly and courteous and will almost always smile back if you smile at them .... and they are not near as noisy as Cebuano's ..... JMHO ...... cost of living we find to be cheaper but of course things like cable .... DSL etc. are the same .... our electric is cheaper here than in Cebu but then the last place we rented from had sub-meters and ripped us off royally ..... our electric bills here are almost 1/2 of what we paid in Cebu ..... BUT are the same as when we first moved to Cebu and had direct billing .... anyway we are happy so I guess that is all that matters .... :thumbsup:

Hey Mike,

How's the climate there?  Is the prevailing winds coming from the ocean (at this time of year), which should

make it relatively cooler?  From Google Maps, I see an SM mall just north of Bacolod.  How far away is that

from you?  I hope the peace and order situation is much better there.

Thank you for your recon report -- carry on Marine!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes it is cooler here .... was kinda hot during the summer but now it is rainy season and the sun doesn't shine to much anymore ..... plus we get rain almost every day ..... at night we shut of one fan and only sleep with a small one .... and only really need that because we shut the bedroom windows so we don't have to get up in the middle of the night to close them when it rains .....

Yup ... SM ain't that far away only takes about 20min to get there when driven by Turtle Mike ..... hell I ain't in no hurry .... I'm retired .... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike,

How's the climate there?  Is the prevailing winds coming from the ocean (at this time of year), which should

make it relatively cooler?  From Google Maps, I see an SM mall just north of Bacolod.  How far away is that

from you?  I hope the peace and order situation is much better there.

Thank you for your recon report -- carry on Marine!

Jake, SM Mall is in Bacolod Reclamation Area next to Brgy 10 & Brgy 13. I know because I live 0.6km from it in Brgy 16.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
beegee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting, I'll be retiring next year and trying to decide between Cebu and Bacolod. My Wife's Family are all in Bacolod but I haven't been there yet and I  intend to spend a few weeks there later this year to check it out (add to the many things on my check out list !).

Edited by beegee
  • Like 1