Anyone Know A Mechanic Who Will Do Home Services South Of Cebu City?

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi, As some of you may know from my other posts I recently bought a car, I would like to have it looked at by a mechanic as it seems to have a problem with the Jetting within the carb, The engine type is a Diahtsu EF 660 which is commonly found in the Philippines, I am looking for someone who can come to my house and check out the carburetor, I leave for Manila then the UK in just over a week and have two other welding projects to complete before I leave, but I would like to be here whilst the Mechanic is here so would appreciate swift replies if possible,

thanks in Advance

John

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi, As some of you may know from my other posts I recently bought a car, I would like to have it looked at by a mechanic as it seems to have a problem with the Jetting within the carb, The engine type is a Diahtsu EF 660 which is commonly found in the Philippines, I am looking for someone who can come to my house and check out the carburetor, I leave for Manila then the UK in just over a week and have two other welding projects to complete before I leave, but I would like to be here whilst the Mechanic is here so would appreciate swift replies if possible,

thanks in Advance

John

Best if you go to a garage as through experience I have found that anyone here with a spanner is a mechanic. There is a saying down here that if a local mechanic works on your car it is time to sell it. I know that is not the answer you are looking for but thought I should warn you.

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

Lol yes I know what your saying, however my feeling is the guys in the garages are no better, I remember a guy on another forum some years ago took his car for some work at the local dealership here in Cebu and had the car returned with the steering wheel mounted upside down.Its just easier to keep an eye on the mechanic when he's in your front yard, perhaps the Ideal will be a mechanic who works in a garage but wants some weekend work :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I work cheap...

I just require my air fare, hotel paid for and meals and drinks as well...

Oh, I almost forgot - you will have to supply any tools I will need...

:mocking:

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

I work cheap...

Actually Bob I do have the tools, however all the other stuff you can go f@%$^#^g Whistle  :mocking:  However thanks for the offer mate

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I work cheap...

Actually Bob I do have the tools, however all the other stuff you can go f@%$^#^g Whistle  :mocking:  However thanks for the offer mate

You do realize that this will cost extra ...

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

thanks in Advance

John

Hey John,

You only have a few more days before you head back to UK.  My experience with carburetors is very limited

as far do-it-yourself repair.  I normally replace it with a rebuilt.  Since you're under extreme time constraint,

may I suggest you put the original out of its misery by using your trusty Fusiliers SA-80 assault rifle:

post-686-0-80077600-1372036751_thumb.jpg

Have a safe journey JohnB, respectfully -- Jake

johnb
Posted
Posted

thanks in Advance

John

Hey John,

You only have a few more days before you head back to UK.  My experience with carburetors is very limited

as far do-it-yourself repair.  I normally replace it with a rebuilt.  Since you're under extreme time constraint,

may I suggest you put the original out of its misery by using your trusty Fusiliers SA-80 assault rifle:

attachicon.gifBritish Assault Rifle.jpg

Have a safe journey JohnB, respectfully -- Jake

In this case a Hand grenade may prove more useful, always good for cleaning the sinuses

1315999512.png

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wasn't going to do this, helping people with a car problem on the internet is iffy but if it sounds reasonable to you, you could remove the aircleaner and start the car and rev the engine and close the choke or put your hand over the air intake until the engine almost stalls, repeating a couple times. The increased pull on the fuel will sometimes clear clogged jets. If it's hard varnish build up from sitting, it won't work and I would recommend Jakes advice of just replace the carb.

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

I wasn't going to do this, helping people with a car problem on the internet is iffy but if it sounds reasonable to you, you could remove the aircleaner and start the car and rev the engine and close the choke or put your hand over the air intake until the engine almost stalls, repeating a couple times. The increased pull on the fuel will sometimes clear clogged jets. If it's hard varnish build up from sitting, it won't work and I would recommend Jakes advice of just replace the carb.

Thanks Robert for the assistance, trouble is my time is limited, I do enjoy tinkering with cars and any other time this would just be a sunday job, however with other jobs on hand [ just welding up some security bars for three windows that I made ,and  I want the windows, painted, glazed and fitted before I leave for manila next week] the car is due for registration in October and this problem also needs to be fixed before then, however if I'm not in country it just wont happen, I may be able to find time this weekend but it would just be easier to have someone strip down the carbs clean them up, reassemble then adjust the air/fuel mix and Idle speed job done!  I hope lol