Why Is This Law Not Sign

oldutot
Posted
Posted

http://www.panaynewsphilippines.com/nation/994-proposed-law-gives-incentives-to-pinoys-reaching-100-years-old.html

I am looking for some pay back, from my 103 year old mother in law. She has been riding my coat

tails over 30 years. My coat has no more tails.

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.panaynewsphilippines.com/nation/994-proposed-law-gives-incentives-to-pinoys-reaching-100-years-old.html

I am looking for some pay back, from my 103 year old mother in law. She has been riding my coat

Hey Oldutot,

Jeez.....no wonder you have a flat butt.....he, he.  I have no doubt this bill called the Centenarians Day

will pass with flying colors.  However, I could see some issues with age verifications.  Birth certificates

either loss or stolen, unreadable or containing fraudulent information will become a major headache.  

But of course there's always the under the table deals.  

For example, Lola gets 80K pesos and the committee 20K pesos for final approval (for express service).  

Committee members could also bring along their own grandma with forged documents and rake in another

20K pesos.  

A national committee composed of the Executive Secretary as chair and the respective secretaries of the Departments of Interior and Local Government,
Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, and the executive director of the Commission of Filipinos Overseas as members, will be tasked to
validate the true birth year of a centenarian applicant and release the gift of P100,000 within 30 days from validation

Mo Pun in da Pill-lip-peens.....he, he.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I see no purpose of this law for a politician to push... unless he owned or was connected to a nursing home! Then Jake's reply means so much more.  

Why push a  law that will only cost the government money and there is no return for the government.... Someone has a hidden motive here to push this law. 

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is another one: http://www.panaynewsphilippines.com/nation/5300-p1000-monthly-for-seniors-mulled.html

This clause is why my wife's mother does not get her current pension of 300p per month (she lives with us): 

* unemployed and has no other sources of income or relatives capable of giving support and without adequate means of subsistence, and

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Here is another one: http://www.panaynewsphilippines.com/nation/5300-p1000-monthly-for-seniors-mulled.html

This clause is why my wife's mother does not get her current pension of 300p per month (she lives with us): 

* unemployed and has no other sources of income or relatives capable of giving support and without adequate means of subsistence, and

Seems as several things in Sweden =Them, who do best, get LESS!

(E g if being lazy during high school age and skip it and do NOTHING useful during several years, 

and start going to High school as grown ups instead, then they get PAID to go to school !!!)

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Seems as several things in Sweden =Them, who do best, get LESS! (E g if being lazy during high school age and skip it and do NOTHING useful during several years,  and start going to High school as grown ups instead, then they get PAID to go to school !!!)

Same as in Canada. If you sit on your ass all your life, smoking and drinking, then end up in a nursing home, it is free, but if you work all your life, save up some investments, and then end up in a nursing home, you have to pay $2,400 per month until the money is gone or you die.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III is expected to sign into law anytime soon the proposed Centenarians Act which gives incentives for Filipinos who reach the ripe age of 100.

The Senate recently passed on third and final reading the proposed law (Senate Bill 3328) making only minor amendments.

A counterpart bill in the House of Representatives (House Bill 834) was passed on third and final reading last March 2012.

Since the Senate only made an amendment to Section 4 of Republic Act 7432 or the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003 increasing the discount on goods and services from 50 percent to 75 percent the discount on goods and services which centenarians could avail themselves of, the principal author of the bill, Albay’s Cong. Edcel Lagman immediately agreed to the final proposed Centenarians Act.

Lagman’s agreement to the Senate amendment dispensed with the holding of a bicameral conference committee and would expedite the process of enacting the Centenarians Act by President Aquino.

The bill was modeled after the ones enacted in countries like Sweden, Japan, the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland and Italy where they honor centenarians with congratulatory messages from their heads of state, and are given financial assistance and other economic benefits.

According to the bill’s author, a major indicator of the level of the nation’s human development is life expectancy at birth.

“Human development is attainable when the human population lives healthy, and consequently, long and productive lives,” said Lagman in the bill's explanatory note.

Today, the solon pointed out, given the level of the country’s development, the average Filipino can expect to live to only 71 years.

Thus, reaching the age of 100 is “an achievement and a distinction worthy of emulation and public recognition.”

The bill proposes to award a Filipino citizen, both in the Philippines and abroad, several benefits.

This include a cash gift of P100,000 on their 100th birthday and a congratulatory letter from the President of the Philippines (in this case President Aquino); an additional cash reward from the local government unit where they are residing at the option of the local government unit concerned; posthumous plaques of recognition in honor of all deceased centenarians who died before the effectivity of the law which will be presented to the nearest surviving relative; and 50 percent discount and exemption from the value-added tax (VAT), if applicable, on the sale of goods and services from all establishments for the exclusive use and enjoyment or availment of centenarians.

The bill also declares September 25 as “National Respect for Centenarians Day” wherein all Filipinos who have become centenarians during the year will be awarded plaques of recognition and cash incentives by their respective city or municipal governments.

In Iloilo, it has been suggested that the local government should now be trying to determine who among the locals are centenarians and who will soon reach such ripe age, perhaps, realistically, one to five years from now.

Indeed, it would be an honor for the province, they pointed out, if Iloilo could be the first ones who will do this.

Likewise, the local government is being urged to start considering how much it will set aside as additional cash reward for an Ilonggo centenarian.

This paper has also received numerous queries from some of our readers about the mechanics of the said law.

It is really simple.

A national committee composed of the Executive Secretary as chair and the respective secretaries of the Departments of Interior and Local Government, Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, and the executive director of the Commission of Filipinos Overseas as members, will be tasked to validate the true birth year of a centenarian applicant and release the gift of P100,000 within 30 days from validation./PN

here is the story as not everyone has a fast connection nor able to open all links