Cebu City House For 1000 Peso / Night

GregZ
Posted
Posted

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Andres+Abellana+Extension,+City+of+Cebu,+Central+Visayas,+Philippines&hl=en&ll=10.318466,123.887351&spn=0.011336,0.021136&sll=10.319458,123.888574&sspn=0.005668,0.010568&oq=Andrescebu+city&hnear=Andres+Abellana+Extension,+Dakbayan+sa+Sugbu,+Cebu,+Central+Visayas,+Philippines&t=m&z=16

1000 peso / night :thumbsup:

2 floor house

kitchen with a range and good sized refrigerator

2 bedroom with air conditioning and closet

2 bath (cr)

1 balcony

1 television (air broadcast)

bring your own internet

pedi-cab for 10 peso (US 25 cents) 1 block to jeepney and taxis

safe neighborhood

Just thought I'd throw this one up. Just found it. Pictures will follow. :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hmm.  Let me be sure I have this correct.  This is your house?  And you are willing to rent it by the night?  Is there a minimum . . like is a 3 night stay ok?  Who is doing the reservations and collections?  I look forward to the pics.  I stay in Cebu for a few nights every second month and this may be a good idea for me.

Maid service?

Totally private?  Semi private?   Shared?  As in is it 1000 per night for the house or just one of the bedrooms?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
post-1-0-81679600-1372510586_thumb.jpg   :)

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

:)

So, I saw the map test you did.  Understood the "getting" of the link but I guess the LINK button is the wrong one and the IMAGE button should work?  Going to try... No. IMAGE doesn't do it. :th_imstupid: :1 (103):

---------------------

I can do pictures anyway... Model on the left is taken (MY Taring).  Model on the right???  I don't know, but one VERY TALL Filipina.

KITCHEN2_zps47b1e06b.jpg

LINK TO MORE PICTURES

To answer all Dave's questions...

"This is your house?"  No. Not mine.  It belongs to family friends here about 2 blocks from my house.  The street was just concreted all the way to the house.  The road doesn't even show on the Google Map yet; I guess because if was more or less a dirt trail.

And you are willing to rent it by the night?  Is there a minimum . . like is a 3 night stay ok?  Rent by the night for 1, 2, 5 however you like.  No minimum.

Who is doing the reservations and collections?  You can contact me & Taring... it is better.  I can give you our number via PM.  It is a little family run operation.  The friend to my wife is in school during the day, but she is the one taking care of things there with her mother.  Of course they are shy about speaking english, but I am working on that with them.  They are excited to maybe get some foreigners interested in the place.  I will do my best to make sure they know that not all foreigners are as good a singers as I am.  You can see in the pictures it is pretty clean and they were so worried that it was not presentable.

Maid service? If you like maid service for a SMALL fee.  I do not have details on it but I'm sure that they would accommodate.

Totally private?  Semi private?   Shared?  As in is it 1000 per night for the house or just one of the bedrooms?  Whole house, private, 2 bedrooms with closets.  One CR down by the kitchen (no pic of it... they claimed it was dirty and wouldn't let me see it) and one CR in bedroom 1.  The pictures only show 1 of the bedrooms.  The other room is the same without cr in it.  It is NOT a stand alone house (built on a lot sharing walls with the neighbors as is normal here) but has a private entry and a little space outside if I remember right.  I just went there last night to eat and it was already dark.

The steps were a little steep was the only thing I noted as other than GREAT.  The dimensions are 5x6 meters per floor.  So, around 60 meters sq total floor space.  NO HOT water unless you heat some on the stove; very doable if you want a warm bath.  I do not bother myself as the pipes here are close to the surface and the water is not that cold.  The thing next to the sink in the kitchen is a clothes washing machine.  It has a full range WITH oven.  I haven't seen one of those for a while.  Wish I knew it was there at Christmas to bake cookies.

Edit: I do not recall a shower head arrangement in the CR.  There was the standard bucket and ladle for the shower with a floor drain IF I remember right.  Very nice and clean tile all around though.  Lyra is the other model in the slide show.  She is likely the payment collector and coordinator of details should you require anything.  Cash only please.

That is all I can think of now... questions?

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So its a furnished house, with 2 bedrooms and 2 air conditioners and 2 crs (1 in master bedroom and other near kitchen) but no foreigner type shower.

The location seems reasonable. 1000 a night seems quite fair (more expensive than a cheap hotel but more space than an expensive hotel) so I am interested.  I'll think on it more and pm you for a reservation when I have made up my mind.  Any limit on number of occupants?  I'm thinking of self plus buddy plus two wives/gfs so likely 4 people but for others interested what number of occupants would you think as maximum?