Referee Decapitated

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is so bizarre.  The referee killing a player is beyond comprehension but the mob reaction is beyond belief.  I won't watch any videos but I am imagining a mob that would have to be covered in blood, given the gruesome description.  It is hard to believe that human beings are capable of such things.

http://www.examiner.com/article/decapitated-referee-videos-footage-of-beheading-quartering-aid-police-search

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is so bizarre.  The referee killing a player is beyond comprehension but the mob reaction is beyond belief.  I won't watch any videos but I am imagining a mob that would have to be covered in blood, given the gruesome description.  It is hard to believe that human beings are capable of such things.

http://www.examiner.com/article/decapitated-referee-videos-footage-of-beheading-quartering-aid-police-search

I pulled this off the article you posted.

The referee reportedly used a machete-like knife in his attack when Abreu refused to leave the football field after the ref red-carded him.

Now, there must be questions as to if the referee used a his league authorized and issued machete, or if it was his and he brought it from home. After all, with (soccer, rugby, football..... PICK ONE) being such a huge 'sport' :hystery:  in Brazil, and the Olympics is headed that way, I am sure the country wants only its best players and referees (top notchers only!) at the ready. So these little mistakes are bound to happen.  

Allowing the player to get away with his blatant show of disrespect by refusing to leave the field after being 'red-carded' (whatever THAT is) would have resulted in not only a loss of face for the referee but also may start a breakdown of discipline of the entire sport, a loss of respect for authority.

I am sure the referee's killing of the player dates back to some 2,000 yr old rule when they used to play a very early version of (soccer, rugby, football) with human heads. The real mistake the referee made was doing this at a (home or away... PICK ONE) game where the player was on the favored team. :th_unfair:

It remains to be seen if the British / French / Italian / German teams Hooligans will see this as a challenge and therefore start to 'kill-the-ref' at their games to show that they are better Hooligans than the Brazilian's fans.   

Edited by Bruce

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Here is more with a graphic video.

The incident occurred last Sunday, according to Deadspin, and reports have surfaced today.

More from Deadspin:

They reportedly tied up the referee, beat him, stoned him, lynched him, and then quartered him. When they finished, they cut off his head and placed it on a stake in the center of the field.

So far, just one man, 27-year-old Luis Moraes Souza, has been arrested for the crime, and authorities are searching for two more. Valter Costa, the chief of police in Maranhão’s town of Santa Ines, spoke in a statement. “Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact,” he said. “We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

If you must, here is a link to a video showing da Silva’s body, decapitated and all, after he was killed. But, we’re warning you, it’s extremely gruesome.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab6_1372968263