Let's Hear It For Andy Murray, World Number 1 Tennis Player!

Markham
Posted
Posted

Andy Murray beat the number one seeded Serbian, Novak Djokovic, 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 in the Mens' Singles Final at Wimbledon making him the first British player to win the Championships since Fred Perry in 1936.

As the temperature on Centre Court exceeded 40 degrees C, the umpire allowed both players a longer than usual break after the second set to allow them to change their sweat-ridden shirts.

Congratulations Andy and very well played!

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hear Hear! Of course he is no Benny Hill, but then who is these days...  Well done!

Jake
Posted
Posted

I had a change of heart when I saw the human side of Andy Murray during his loss at the 2012 Wimbledon finals:

post-686-0-18136600-1373226367_thumb.jpg post-686-0-16425700-1373226444_thumb.jpg

I really commend his sheer determination to be first British to take back the championship since the last British

(Fred Perry) held that title 77 years ago:

post-686-0-45976100-1373227260_thumb.jpg

Well done!

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Absolutely, very, very well done.

Markham
Posted
Posted

I had a change of heart when I saw the human side of Andy Murray during his loss at the 2012 Wimbledon finals:

attachicon.gifAndy Murray crying after 2012 Wimbledon finals loss to Federer.jpg attachicon.gifAndy's girlfriend Kim crying.jpg

I really commend his sheer determination to be first British to take back the championship since the last British

(Fred Perry) held that title 77 years ago:

attachicon.gif2013 Wimbledon Champion.jpg

Well done!

Although he lost to Federer in the Finals last year, he did go on to get a Gold Medal in the Olympics a few weeks later.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hear Hear! Of course he is no Benny Hill, but then who is these days...  Well done!

The sport is tennis, Bruce, not chasing lusty ladies!

There was a wonderful McEnroe moment during the second set when Djokovic, who was disputing a line call, stormed up to the Umpire and screamed at him "You CAN NOT be SERIOUS!!". The camera then panned towards Murray who was shaking his head in disbelief.

Edited by Markham
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The sport is tennis, Bruce, not chasing lusty ladies!

There was a wonderful McEnroe moment during the second set when Djokovic, who was disputing a line call, stormed up to the Umpire and screamed at him "You CAN NOT be SERIOUS!!". The camera then panned towards Murray who was shaking his head in disbelief.

But wasn't there a few Benny Hill skits on the tennis court... with the ladies (not lad-ies, to the Scotts!) in short tennis skirts?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I should get out more this is the first i have heard of this. Well done Andy.

gmb8585
Posted
Posted (edited)

Actually he is only ranked second in the world to Djokovic.

Edited by gmb8585