Weird Forum Problems

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have been living over here on Panay for 5 months now.  I have had problems the whole time trying post on the forums.  First it was my phone. It would post ok - but every time I came to the site I would have to login.  It would not save my login information.  Kind of a pain - but no big deal.

Now i am on my home computer it is worse.  I would type up a response and hit "reply".... and hope against hope.... sometimes it would post but most of the time I would get a timeout message and the comment would be gone if I refresh or go back a page.  But, for some reason, sometimes it would work.

I finally realized what worked.  And I have experimented with it and verified it.  If I am signed in to  my VPN (usually Austin TX for my exit) I can post here with no problems.  If I am not in my VPN I can not post here (well a 75% failure rate).

I have it worked out now so no worries, but does anyone else have weirdness going on from the PI's with the forum?  And oddly enough it seems to only be this forum.   Hey... The internet - It's more fun in the Philippines!

.... I'm just glad I got it working reliably.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

.... I'm just glad I got it working reliably. :tiphat:

I'm glad for you Tuka... I never have any problems with the forum unless I have problems with the whole Internet. Back when I was on SmartBro in a bad location I had to save everything to the clipboard before attempting to post, but am on DSL through PLDT now and it almost always goes first try.  I am in Cebu City.  I just straight connect without VPN.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure why you would have problems other than bad connection and very low speed but here is some advice regarding losing what you wrote.

If you refresh the page or something goes wrong, just go back to the edit box in the same topic you were posting in, click inside it and the rest should explain what happens in the screenshots. Most do not know this so keep it quiet.  :mocking:

post-1-0-24761800-1373449815_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-58885900-1373449816_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-30511500-1373449813_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-66297800-1373449818_thumb.jpg

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If I am signed in to  my VPN (usually Austin TX for my exit) I can post here with no problems.  If I am not in my VPN I can not post here (well a 75% failure rate).

That's a routing problem with your ISP. I used to have the same scenario with my Globe DSL but they seem to have fixed it about a year ago.