Medication I Am An Australian With A Philippino Partner,

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

hi every one i am an australian with a philippino partner,soon 2 marry we hope,i am 61 years old and am wondering if we lived in the philippines how would i get my heart medication,and the cost of corse,my health and meds are my main worry .

Curley
Posted
Posted

Why not give the name of your med then someone could soon check it out for you. You didn't think to go into a Pharmacy when you were there?

brock
Posted
Posted

Cant your girlfriend find this out for you ?

paulus
Posted
Posted

Mate, if that's your biggest problem, you better stay where you are until you have done lots more homework and research.

on this country and its people.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mate, if that's your biggest problem, you better stay where you are until you have done lots more homework and research.

I have in a previous TOPIC gave a site that listed the "medicine" and the local names of the medicine,

it was and  still is a better site that I have found,

believe it was flipinodoctor.com.

many sites are listed here in the forum and if you "goggle" you can find many others,

when you find the "medicine" here that you need, ask your AUS doctor or Pharmacist if that will

SUCCESSFULLY work for you..

perhaps try to email one of the more named pharmacy here and ask them what

they have that can be used to treat your illness/condition,

MEDICINES at least some of them here ARE NOT CHEAP. so be aware of this,

2. be aware that most hospitals

WILL NOT TREAT YOU UNLESS YOU PAY A DEPOSIT

(sorry for the CAPS as i needed to make a point) or give them cash money.

unless 1. you have a "named"insurance policy 2. you made prior arrangements.

SIR if you have certain health issues that are a "problem" in the AUS . its not guaranteed that you can successfully have it treated here,

I strongly suggest you look for a previous post BY TRAVIS and read how he felt after living here,'

thats a good suggestion BROCK. but.. some of our GF/wives/partners may not do

it the way we 'want it done".

we ask them to look for "heart meds". brand XX"

.. they go to drug store.ask.

then they tell you .YES they have it all. even "brand XX"

when you go the drug store, you ask if they have "brand XX" either they say,

OH NO sir/out of stock(as its not been there for years) or a 1mg dose when you need a 20mg

or its "made by BRAND XX" but its not the BRAND XX you can use,

its best on some items/issues that you or I do the checking out

as to make sure we get exactly what we require and not have a problem in MIS-communication 

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

All the heart meds are available in the Philippines.  Bring a prescription with you.  If the pharmacist won't fill it as is, you can always go to a local doctor and have him rewrite the script.  And always go for the generic version if you can - this will cost you a lot less.  Here's the kicker for that one though...  Many of the smaller pharmacies in the country / province and even some of the independents in the big cities were taken in by hustlers selling pharmaceuticals from China that were nothing more than corn starch and food coloring.  And many of these were heart meds.  So, if you need heart meds, always google the actual drug you get and make sure the picture looks the same and all the identifying marks are there.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

All the heart meds are available in the Philippines.  Bring a prescription with you.  If the pharmacist won't fill it as is, you can always go to a local doctor and have him rewrite the script.  And always go for the generic version if you can - this will cost you a lot less.  Here's the kicker for that one though...  Many of the smaller pharmacies in the country / province and even some of the independents in the big cities were taken in by hustlers selling pharmaceuticals from China that were nothing more than corn starch and food coloring.  And many of these were heart meds.  So, if you need heart meds, always google the actual drug you get and make sure the picture looks the same and all the identifying marks are there.

Bob is correct in the most part. Most of the cardiac drugs that Aussie GPs would prescribe are available in the Philippines. Take note some of these meds may be problematic in regards to expiry dates and wrong drug in wrong container, which you can imagine for a cardiac patient can have a really bad outcome. If it was me, I would get my meds from Australia when I went home for my normal checkup. You will find that the deposit at the local hopital for a routine chest pain investigation will leave a big dent in your pocket. Stay healthy by listening to your GPs advice and bring your meds with you, also scan your prescription and put it on the internet just in case you lose the orginals.

• Like 1

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

I have in a previous TOPIC gave a site that listed the "medicine" and the local names of the medicine,

it was and  still is a better site that I have found,

believe it was flipinodoctor.com.

many sites are listed here in the forum and if you "goggle" you can find many others,

when you find the "medicine" here that you need, ask your AUS doctor or Pharmacist if that will

SUCCESSFULLY work for you..

perhaps try to email one of the more named pharmacy here and ask them what

they have that can be used to treat your illness/condition,

MEDICINES at least some of them here ARE NOT CHEAP. so be aware of this,

2. be aware that most hospitals

WILL NOT TREAT YOU UNLESS YOU PAY A DEPOSIT

(sorry for the CAPS as i needed to make a point) or give them cash money.

unless 1. you have a "named"insurance policy 2. you made prior arrangements.

SIR if you have certain health issues that are a "problem" in the AUS . its not guaranteed that you can successfully have it treated here,

I strongly suggest you look for a previous post BY TRAVIS and read how he felt after living here,'

thats a good suggestion BROCK. but.. some of our GF/wives/partners may not do

it the way we 'want it done".

we ask them to look for "heart meds". brand XX"

.. they go to drug store.ask.

then they tell you .YES they have it all. even "brand XX"

when you go the drug store, you ask if they have "brand XX" either they say,

OH NO sir/out of stock(as its not been there for years) or a 1mg dose when you need a 20mg

or its "made by BRAND XX" but its not the BRAND XX you can use,

its best on some items/issues that you or I do the checking out

as to make sure we get exactly what we require and not have a problem in MIS-communication 

ok ,thanks every one ,some very good points there,thank you all.