Fancy A Burger After Reading This

brock
Posted
Posted

English Chef Jamie Oliver....

Jamie Oliver Campaign makes McDonald’s change recipe

Hambúrguer chef Jamie Oliver has just won a battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise announced it will change its recipe.

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption.

According to the chef and presenter, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry: “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver calls it “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” asked the chef, who wages a war against the fast food industry.

In one of his initiatives, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

The company, Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in the region. The same applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Even more disturbing is that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products.

In addition, the franchise denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

• Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

English Chef Jamie Oliver....

Jamie Oliver Campaign makes McDonald’s change recipe

Hambúrguer chef Jamie Oliver has just won a battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise announced it will change its recipe.

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption.

According to the chef and presenter, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry: “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver calls it “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” asked the chef, who wages a war against the fast food industry.

In one of his initiatives, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

The company, Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in the region. The same applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Even more disturbing is that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products.

In addition, the franchise denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

Haven't been to a McDonalds or Burger king in about 15-17 years, but that don't surprise me none

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So Macdonalds is serving filipino food.

If they really do change the way they do things then the price of Big Macs is going up again.  This sounds like the guys who tell me what is in my hot dog when I already know but I really don't want to know so I wish they would shut up and go away.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ..... will continue to eat at McDo's .... been doing it for years .... 30 to be exact and I ain't dead yet ... seems someone just wanted to make a name for himself and he did .... oh well back to the drawing board for "the naked chef" .... lets expose Pizza Hut next .... I'm sure THEY are doing something wrong also .... oh well I'm off to get another of those great "Big and Taste's"  at McDo's ...... yum yum ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I am old enough to remember when "Big Macs" were...... BIG! 

Mind you I always preferred Harveys Burgers anyway, they were even bigger and also they had real fries!

You watched them peel the potatoes, cut them a cook them!!!

Oh ya and don't forget the Coney Fries from A+W drive ins!!!!

ha Ha

Papa Carl

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mike , Jamie Oliver is estimated to be worth 150 million pounds making him the richest chef in the world, So I dont think he needed to expose them to make a name for himself :), He is just passionate about food

Also Mc Donalds french fries are said to contain 17 different ingredients and none of them are potatoes.

Edited by brock
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the richest chef in the world

Thats debatable. Forbes says its Gordon Ramsey and they don't even list J Oliver.  Perhaps they don't consider him a chef or perhaps they do not believe he is that wealthy.  In any event, making a name for yourself is not about money.  Some just like to stir it to see their name in the tabloids.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Parts is parts.  You don't want to know what is in most of what you eat or how it was slaughtered...  Just eat it and enjoy it!   Ground meat and sausages especially.  If it was good meat they would not grind it or stuff it ha ha

And that is my wisdom from 27 years as a vegetarian.  Now I will try anything you got!    (with the possible exception of balut...)

My favorite video of the pink slime chef (only thing I have heard of him) was when he showed some American kids how it was made and they still all wanted to eat it anyway.  He said it is because they are already brainwashed into eating it.  I think it shows they can think for themselves and don't give a rats ass what it is made of - even if it is a rats ass!

~Edit~

But Mc Donalds still sucks!

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I know it is getting more and more difficult to find rectum free hot dogs.  :hystery:

• Like 3