Sending Money

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

once i would send money through my australian bank,to japan,it would cost 30$ to send and her bank would take about the same her end,did this 4 quiet a while ,then one day i started another visa card account in my name ,sent her the card ,when she got it i actavated the pin number and told her what it was,now when i need to send money to her i just transfer money into that visa account through internet banking and then she goes and gets it out in japan ,a $4 fee,she can only take out what i put in lol,visa cards work all over the world,  she 4 got her pin once and the bank closed the account down,so i had to ask them to reopen it but they could not ,so had to open another account,then i told them what i was doing and they did not like it at all,BECAUSE they were missing out on money thats why,but they could not stop me from opening another account ,so i did and and now every thing is working just fine ,no one can take any money out of the account if she looses the card ,because i never have any in there ,just when i have to sent to her,  works well 4 me .

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I tried to read it, but it was hard to understand as it was allruntogether withfew spaces.

Can you tell us what bank? what was your exact fees?

Before you sent the card, did you activate it? informing the bank that you would use it at... name of city japan,

not anycity japan.

banks now adays will FREEZE /block any card that has usual activity outside of your "SPENDING/CHARGING patterns.

what do i mean.. if you use card mostly at gas station, grocery store in manila/NCR

then a few hours later the card is used

at motel/gas station or Department store    that is  many miles away.not 50km but further (not in your usual "pattern")

it will be reviewed and blocked until you tell them that it is you,

if they cant reach you in a short time, then the card is cancelled.

hope this helps.. somehow..

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

brock
Posted
Posted

Their is a prepaid card called tuxedo.

From England I use Azimo which only charges £5 per transaction and has a very good exchange rate too, She can either collect cash from different locations or it can be deposited direct to her bank account.

ozepete
Posted
Posted

We use a company called 'exchange4free' You can send funds from your bank, credit or debit card to a Philippine (or other country) bank account with no fees at all and the exchange rate is always better than the banks. They operate out of the UK, Australia etc. Only downside is that it takes 2 to 3 days before the funds are available in the Fils account but the wait saves lots. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I bank with Wells Fargo and have set up a remittance account.  You can go online and transfer money from your checking/savings account directly into the remittance account.  The remittance account is accessed via a debit card that we sent to the Philippines.  You can transfer up to $1000 per day into the account.  The remittance fee is $5.00.  They also take a cut from the exchange rate example: 42.5088 versus 43.40 at today's rate.

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

once i would send money through my australian bank,to japan,it would cost 30$ to send and her bank would take about the same her end,did this 4 quiet a while ,then one day i started another visa card account in my name ,sent her the card ,when she got it i actavated the pin number and told her what it was,now when i need to send money to her i just transfer money into that visa account through internet banking and then she goes and gets it out in japan ,a $4 fee,she can only take out what i put in lol,visa cards work all over the world,  she 4 got her pin once and the bank closed the account down,so i had to ask them to reopen it but they could not ,so had to open another account,then i told them what i was doing and they did not like it at all,BECAUSE they were missing out on money thats why,but they could not stop me from opening another account ,so i did and and now every thing is working just fine ,no one can take any money out of the account if she looses the card ,because i never have any in there ,just when i have to sent to her,  works well 4 me .

sorry if you cant understand what i mean,yes the bank know now what i am doing but dont like it,its a visa card can only be used to take money from a   atm machene, 

just at the atm,

i transfer money into that account by internet banking in australia,    she takes it out same day in japan.   there is a $4 fee.   there is never any spear money in that account.   and it would work any where in the world.    but it would be nice one day if she sent some back lol.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We use a company called 'exchange4free' You can send funds from your bank, credit or debit card to a Philippine (or other country) bank account with no fees at all and the exchange rate is always better than the banks. They operate out of the UK, Australia etc. Only downside is that it takes 2 to 3 days before the funds are available in the Fils account but the wait saves lots. 

I checked this out and found this website https://exchange4free.co.uk/ for this service.

They support transfers from/to many countries. Unfortunately you can't transfer FROM the USA, only TO the USA.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
banks now adays will FREEZE /block any card that has usual activity outside of your "SPENDING/CHARGING patterns.

This is true however my Citi-bank card will work anywhere in the Phils .... how do I know this ... because when I was refused a transaction on it when I first moved to Bacolod I called and asked them if the card was zoned for Cebu only and they told me no it is good anywhere in the Phils as that was the destination of my overseas travel ....

However I'm now having a different problem as I tried to update my travel destination with their online service but apparently they still want me to call them .... which makes no sense as i have to call the US only to be transferred back to the Phils as this is where their call centers are located .... one in Manila and one in Cebu .... and I have to do this every 90 days ..... what a pain .... but it still beats the local bank card as I have to put up 1 1/2 times the face value of the card so if I have a card worth p50,000 I have to put up p150,000 in the account in order to get a card .... even if i put it in my asawa's name same thing as she doesn't work ...... oh the joys of banking .... :mocking:

:cheersty:

AnnieLopez
Posted
Posted

may I suggest xoom? I can say that they are reliable, I've already used them twice  https://www.xoom.com/philippines/fees

• Like 1