Shipping My Motorcycle To Cebu From The Uk ?

lenboy
Posted
Posted

Hi to all

I am looking for advice on bringing my, or should i say shipping my motorcycle to the Philippines - Cebu

from the UK ,

When we ship our Balikbayan Boxes and they come to pick them up i had asked them about sending my motor bike , and they told me they could do it for £750 , but i do worry about if it would get there in one piece or at all ?.

yes i have heard about the import taxes and that they are so high ! so i thought it would be a good way to avoid paying customs etc .

does anyone know of some body who has sent a motor bike to the Philippines or maybe a member of this site ?

I have also been told i would have no trouble getting it registered in Cebu , because money talks louder than words !

my bike is a Honda VTX 1800cc so it a big bike , and is there anyone who has a bike in Cebu or a motorcycle club ! the reason i ask this is when i was there in June i did see a group of motorcyclist on there custom bike , and they was all foriegners !

so any info would be a great help and i thank you for your time

regards Len  

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have been reading a few forums for a few years now and it doesn't seem to turn out well, it is smuggling after all. Why would someone want to become your accomplice by taking a bribe to register your bike when they could blackmail a bribe out of you just to not turn you in for smuggling would be my worry.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
it is smuggling after all.

This is common method of smuggling and thus it is getting harder and harder to get the motorcycle registered after shipping it this way.

Many motorcycle have been shipped that way but I think those who declare what is in the box may get them confiscated.  It is legal to send certain motorcycle parts and some just send different part in each box and declare the parts properly.  But when you put the bike together what are you going to do?  Any answer suggesting something illegal will be deleted  :cheersty:

Edit:  Listening to those who say:  Money talks blah blah can get you in trouble.  Its really not recommended.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well. Comparing with CARS:

It's big business to import them in parts, put them together in RP and register them proper, because parts have much lower custom fees of some odd reason!  :)

I GUESS you can do something similar with a motorbike.

But I wonder if it's realy worth shiping a JAPANESE motorbike, who has been shiped Japan to UK allready, back to Asia  :)   Isn't it better you sell it in UK and let make a new one in RP?  Or is it your "baby", so you have problem to sell it of feelings reason?  :)

(Compare: I will not even bring most of my SWEDISH things, because of the transport and custom costs, I sell most and will buy new ones in RP instead, except things hard to find there, or cheap to move compared to what they are worth.)

lenboy
Posted
Posted

Well. Comparing with CARS:

It's big business to import them in parts, put them together in RP and register them proper, because parts have much lower custom fees of some odd reason!  :)

I GUESS you can do something similar with a motorbike.

But I wonder if it's realy worth shiping a JAPANESE motorbike, who has been shiped Japan to UK allready, back to Asia  :)   Isn't it better you sell it in UK and let make a new one in RP?  Or is it your "baby", so you have problem to sell it of feelings reason?  :)

(Compare: I will not even bring most of my SWEDISH things, because of the transport and custom costs, I sell most and will buy new ones in RP instead, except things hard to find there, or cheap to move compared to what they are worth.)

yes i understand , and thanks for that

lenboy
Posted
Posted

it is smuggling after all.

This is common method of smuggling and thus it is getting harder and harder to get the motorcycle registered after shipping it this way.

Many motorcycle have been shipped that way but I think those who declare what is in the box may get them confiscated.  It is legal to send certain motorcycle parts and some just send different part in each box and declare the parts properly.  But when you put the bike together what are you going to do?  Any answer suggesting something illegal will be deleted  :cheersty:

Edit:  Listening to those who say:  Money talks blah blah can get you in trouble.  Its really not recommended.

yes very true in what you say ! thanks

lenboy
Posted
Posted

thanks for your thoughts guys , only looking for advice ,

brock
Posted
Posted

Best advice is leave it with me and I will look after it for you  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

lenboy
Posted