Tacloban / Western Samar Residents.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have been to Tacloban and Catbalogan. I plan on returning and would like some information about real estate and business there. Unlike Manila or Cebu which have several online classsified ad style sites, I can't really find much information on Tacloban or Catbalogan. I am hesitant to inquire too much directly as I would like to NOT incur the Kano Tax on anyting I may buy. So, anyone on this forum live in those areas and can provide any information? Let me know how to contact you. I would put my email here, but I don't know if that is allowed.BruceHollywood Florida

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have been to Tacloban and Catbalogan. I plan on returning and would like some information about real estate and business there. Unlike Manila or Cebu which have several online classsified ad style sites, I can't really find much information on Tacloban or Catbalogan. I am hesitant to inquire too much directly as I would like to NOT incur the Kano Tax on anyting I may buy. So, anyone on this forum live in those areas and can provide any information? Let me know how to contact you. I would put my email here, but I don't know if that is allowed.BruceHollywood Florida
Bruce, it is not necessary or a good idea for you to post your email address because full members have private message (PM) ability. If you or any full member wish to private message another full member, just click on the members name in a post and a pull down will show send message and all you or any full member has to do is click on that. New members cannot send messages to prevent people spamming others. You will also find a chat room and message board on http://www.samarnews.com/ that you might be able to ask info on.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
BruceAs a foreigner you can not own real estate in your own name with the exception of Condos,you can lease land and build a house on the leased land but unless you have a Filipino wife the land can never be owned by you.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes, Lee has taken the time to drum into my head the legal issues of owning / leasing in the Philippines. In my case, My Kano family has no interest in the Philippines. Whatever I buy / lease here, stays here. When I die, I will be dead! And the property can pass on to whomever. However, I ain't dead yet, so I am still interested in talking with some residents of Tacloban / Catbalogan on local otions. One possible option is Lee's wife. If she is good enough for him to leave everything he owns to her, she should be good enough to inherit my meger Philippine holdings.... So ownership, in one form or another is possible for me.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yes, Lee has taken the time to drum into my head the legal issues of owning / leasing in the Philippines. In my case, My Kano family has no interest in the Philippines. Whatever I buy / lease here, stays here. When I die, I will be dead! And the property can pass on to whomever. However, I ain't dead yet, so I am still interested in talking with some residents of Tacloban / Catbalogan on local otions. One possible option is Lee's wife. If she is good enough for him to leave everything he owns to her, she should be good enough to inherit my meger Philippine holdings.... So ownership, in one form or another is possible for me.
Bruce my boy, you be a crazy dude, but my wife would be happy to help you out in that manner if you buy something in Cebu City or in Toldeo City Cebu, and if that is what you end up needing........ I am sure you will find someone else on that island that you would much rather leave the property to when the time does come for you to purchase........ Things sometimes work crazy in the Philippines and I would not want my wife to own something on an island that she knows nothing about and has no family on, even if it is free, because someone there might decide to kill her to gain ownership or a lifetime of free use. Remember, this is the Philippines. :thumbsup: My wife says thank you for thinking so kindly of her. :SugarwareZ-037:

brock
Posted
Posted
I have 2 lovely daughters.......You can be their uncle and leave them all your money. SugarwareZ-005.gif

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I have 2 lovely daughters.......You can be their uncle and leave them all your money. SugarwareZ-005.gif
My body is not even cold yet and already you are giving away my posessions. Reminds me of the time I was coming down the steps Christmas morning when I was about 5.... I caught my father with my brand new bicycle... tampering with the brakes! Why one time when I was late coming home from school, I found out that my parents had rented out my room! Now, your daughters are really smart..... they would wait until I am retired and dead, and not report my demise to the government and then collect my meager retirement checks every month for the next 30 years!