Hey Anyone Here 100% P&t Been Through A Knee Replacement

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted

Hello I have been putting off moving back to PI but now just as I start selling some excess crap my ortho surgeon told me to start getting my head around ridding a jazzy scoter or get my knees replaced. This is 3 rd doc to recommend this as I have musical and angry knees.

I am looking at moving to subic area so any of you all there got any ideas PM me. I am coming in August to house hunt and have my birthday in PI. It has been a long time since I celebrated my b-day in PI so lock up the hard stuff.

I had heard that only SC was treated down at VA Clinic in Manila but my son is coming with me for 3 months and he is under the healthcare through the Military Tricare I think. I want to know any good Doctors in Subic I can drop in and check on while I am a house hunting.

Me I stuck with VA but I am planning on having my knees done when I get back after my birthday. I do not think I want to have them done in PI but that is just me. I am screwed up enough already.  

I want to find me some other expats that do not mind having a redneck for a neighbor I will only be staying about 6 months out of the year I still have a business partner to support in the US LOL Have a good day

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

My uncle had BOTH knees replaced at the same time about 5 years ago.  He was about 70 at the time and the work was covered by his retired Navy medical coverage.  He was bowling 11 days later.  It is not an easy recovery but he had no choice and was glad he listened to the doctor and had them done.

If your interested in living in the Subic area, the old Navy base is the best place for you and your son.  It is also the most expensive area and SAFEST area.  You will find houses available from about $750 a month and above. 

Much cheaper housing can be found in Barretto but you will be living amongst the locals and their dogs, jeepneys, trikes, roosters, FLOODING, traffic and girlie bars.

• Like 1

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted

Thanks that is where I am headed to look around in a few weeks. Any good network places around the area? I know that the VFW in A/C is a good source of knowledge for me it was. That and the SOS every morning when I come down was my favorite. Well if anyone else has any ideas I will know more when my feet hit the ground. I appreciate the advice. The rent is no problem the chickens and flooding I can do without.

I think after my birthday I will take the van down and look around. If any of you have a good relator PM it to me. I will have to get used to texting again. Adios

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Many of the Expats hang out in Barretto at a place called SitnBull.  Great food, huge portions and great prices.  I will send u a PM with the names of 2 realtors that have available housing on the base.

• Like 1