Hiring A Tutor In Subic

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted

Hello has anyone have a thought on hiring a tutor for my son age 9. I am looking into it early as he is in the US right now but is coming to Subic area this fall for a period of time to try out living here. He is homeschooled but eventually he will surpass his old man on the math as I not a math guy at all.

I had thought at one time of trying to open a small school there but things have not worked out. I know I will need to hire a tutor and not a teacher as when you home school you are the teacher. Lots of stuff I have learned here lately, Homeschooled has worked for me as even though I am retired it frees my son up to be able to travel with me when I need to bring my son with me.

Any ideas or thoughts from people who have brought their kids to PI is welcome. This is the first time he will be coming to PI. I am moving there for the purpose of getting away from the cold weather this fall and for medical reasons. I have arthritis really bad and the weather and cost of living there is awesome. Look forward to hearing any thoughts.

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Have you been here to Subic?  Where do you plan on living in Subic.  The humidity here can be brutal so I am not sure how that will effect your arthritis.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We had a young teacher tutor my son during two or three of our visits. This lady was well known to our family so we knew she had a good background. She was wonderful, my son did great when he returned to school and my wife loved having someoen to watch him part of the day every day.

For several years my Nephew was tutored by the same lady. He went to a private school she would walk him to school and walk him home then go over his homework after school. She also spend time in the classroom now and then. This was several years ago so don't know what costs would be today and this was on the island of Cebu.

Jimbo1361
Posted
Posted

Hey Steve sorry I am going to hurt anywhere I go.    The humidity I can deal with the cold I run away from as fast as I can. I live in the south but even the brief winters we have are too much so I am headed to look at staying the winters there. I am looking into 3 different locations outside the US right now. I like PI as the different locales but thanks for the heads up.