Western Union, No Fee - Bank Transfer

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't think this is a brand new thing, I know I did it last month.  But I just got an email from Western Union bragging about like it is special.  Whether it is new or not it is a good service.  If you x-fer money to a bank instead of personal pickup you can do it with no transaction fee.  The exchange rate is not too bad either.  I just did a x-fer and got 43.1738 per $1 USD.  In comparison XOOM is offering 42.6007 today, and a $4.99 fee (free codes are available).

Western union has a $9.00 (USD) fee for personal pickup. But for next day bank delivery there is no fee.

I don't like to keep much money over here so I send myself a monthly allowance. I just keep about 1 month ahead in case there is an emergency some money is here.  I never keep more than p50,000 in my bank here.  With next day bank delivery I don't have to plan too far ahead.

I know, I know.... set up a dollar account and a peso account and x-fer to the dollar account and then convert to peso when the rate is good... I keep meaning to do that... I am just so busy being retired and lazy I have not gotten around to it yet  ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I don't think this is a brand new thing, I know I did it last month.  But I just got an email from Western Union bragging about like it is special.  Whether it is new or not it is a good service.  If you x-fer money to a bank instead of personal pickup you can do it with no transaction fee.  The exchange rate is not too bad either.  I just did a x-fer and got 43.1738 per $1 USD.  In comparison XOOM is offering 42.6007 today, and a $4.99 fee (free codes are available).

Western union has a $9.00 (USD) fee for personal pickup. But for next day bank delivery there is no fee.

I don't like to keep much money over here so I send myself a monthly allowance. I just keep about 1 month ahead in case there is an emergency some money is here.  I never keep more than p50,000 in my bank here.  With next day bank delivery I don't have to plan too far ahead.

I know, I know.... set up a dollar account and a peso account and x-fer to the dollar account and then convert to peso when the rate is good... I keep meaning to do that... I am just so busy being retired and lazy I have not gotten around to it yet  ha ha  :tiphat:

Way to go shipmate!  Being retired and lazy.....I like that!

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that western union has a new service(promo) due to the recent storm (til 30aug)

to help others out, with a ZERO/NO FEE to send money to the philippines.

MANILA, Philippines - The Western Union Company, a global payment services leader,

is offering a coupon code for a zero free money transfer to the Philippines to help victims of the recent floods.

To further help people contribute to relief efforts, Western Union is implementing a "zero transger fee" coupon

that can be used for all money transfers sent from the United States to the Philippines through participating Agent locations, westernunion.com, and the company’s mobile app from August 26 to August 30, 2013.

The coupon code is  :FLOODRELIEF.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/08/27/13/western-union-offers-zero-transfer-fee-coupon

sjp52
Posted
Posted

seems that western union has a new service(promo) due to the recent storm (til 30aug)

to help others out, with a ZERO/NO FEE to send money to the philippines.

MANILA, Philippines - The Western Union Company, a global payment services leader,

is offering a coupon code for a zero free money transfer to the Philippines to help victims of the recent floods.

To further help people contribute to relief efforts, Western Union is implementing a "zero transger fee" coupon

that can be used for all money transfers sent from the United States to the Philippines through participating Agent locations, westernunion.com, and the company’s mobile app from August 26 to August 30, 2013.

The coupon code is  :FLOODRELIEF.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/08/27/13/western-union-offers-zero-transfer-fee-coupon

This is just for the US Western Union, The Canadian one is too cheap to offer this.

• Like 2