Police Clearance

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Can someone explain the procedure of obtaining a police clearance from the United States if you are already in the Philippines? Do you need to get a Philippine Consulate to certify that it's a true copy? This is for someone applying for an SRRV program visa. A police clearance is required.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

This is the only thing I have found for it.  We don't really do police checks in the US, do we?  I think I got the link here... from someone... or some other forum (not that I would go to another forum...)   :tiphat:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks

brock
Posted
Posted

As of 01 July 2013, all 13A Probationary status recipients are NOT required to submit the national police clearance.

No idea about the other

MikeB
Posted
Posted
As of 01 July 2013, all 13A Probationary status recipients are NOT required to submit the national police clearance.

Brock, do you have the source for that? Thanks.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't have the source but I can confirm a friend was informed same about 13a.  He is in middle of process and BI told him they can now waive the requirement for police clearance on 13a

MikeB
Posted
Posted

That's great news, I have the probationary since January and have been dreading going through the whole thing again in a few months. 

brock
Posted
Posted
As of 01 July 2013, all 13A Probationary status recipients are NOT required to submit the national police clearance. Brock, do you have the source for that? Thanks.

I am sure I read it on the bi site or such Mike,, As I have been on their site quite a lot just recently.

Pretty sure it is correct.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's as clear as mud on the BI site. One page lists the requirements for conversion to 13a, one page lists a checklist of requirements for conversion. One has it, one doesn't. But the page on the conversion from Probationary to Permanent does not list it so maybe good news there. Hope so.   

• 1 month later...
Midniterider
Posted
Posted

The requirement may be for persons they expect to have been in the Phils for awhile. I don't see such a requirement for the 13a applications being either done in person or mailed to the Consulate in the U.S. 

• Like 1