Bi Olongapo City - 5 Minutes And Done!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That must be a record time for visa renewal!

Seems there have been a number of forum members report that BI processing is getting faster.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thats awesome time , every time i got my visa renewed at bi in intrmuros it took around a hour , now if only they could match that 5 min mark i would be a happy man haha

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I went to get my extension today at Olongapo City BI.  They are doing an excellent job and you can see that they are trying to meet some internal time goals.  For some of the visas they have goal times for each part of the process, and they are posted on the wall.

I did my paperwork and made copies at home.  I handed him the whole thing, he showed me the total (p2830), I paid and told him I would come back in a while.  He said wait 5 minutes, and sure enough my stamped passport and receipts were brought out to me 5 minutes later!

Good job!   :thumbsup:

You must have seen the BI. officer named Maurice, a good person that takes his job seriously.  When i first arrived he is the one that laid the cards on the table, and steered me in the right direction.  :thumbsup: wish we had more BI. officers like him. :)   tanks  ej.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I went to get my extension today at Olongapo City BI.  They are doing an excellent job and you can see that they are trying to meet some internal time goals.  For some of the visas they have goal times for each part of the process, and they are posted on the wall.

I did my paperwork and made copies at home.  I handed him the whole thing, he showed me the total (p2830), I paid and told him I would come back in a while.  He said wait 5 minutes, and sure enough my stamped passport and receipts were brought out to me 5 minutes later!

You must have seen the BI. officer named Maurice, a good person that takes his job seriously.  When i first arrived he is the one that laid the cards on the table, and steered me in the right direction.  :thumbsup: wish we had more BI. officers like him. :)   tanks  ej.

All the crew there seem to go the extra mile.  Is Maurice the dark complexioned heavy set young man how usually mans the front window?  Yes, serious fellow but you can tell he does his job very efficiently!  Another guy brought me my passport this time and I don't recall seeing him before.  Tall, good looking guy.  The first time I went to the old office after moving, there was another older guy who knew it was my first visit and he went out of his way to help me and he was very jovial.

It is nice when we don't have to dread a visit to a government office!   :dance:

• Like 3

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

All the crew there seem to go the extra mile.  Is Maurice the dark complexioned heavy set young man how usually mans the front window?  Yes, serious fellow but you can tell he does his job very efficiently!  Another guy brought me my passport this time and I don't recall seeing him before.  Tall, good looking guy.  The first time I went to the old office after moving, there was another older guy who knew it was my first visit and he went out of his way to help me and he was very jovial.

It is nice when we don't have to dread a visit to a government office!   :dance:

Onmy way... thats Maurice, manning the front desk.  :tiphat:    Tanks  ej.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Midniterider
Posted
Posted

That must be a record time for visa renewal!

Seems there have been a number of forum members report that BI processing is getting faster.

On the official BI website they claim that they are receiving a "massive" amount of IT equipment. That must be speeding things up considerably. 

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Right up until recently, when ever I would visit Gil at the Immigration Office on Intramuros he had this old 1960's type writer on his desk, and oddly enough he preferred using it as this is all he has ever used in that office!

As I no longer need to go and see him, I have been wondering if he now has a nice shiny new computer on his desk? I guess I never know now.

Papa Carl

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

That is fast.  Here in Iloilo it takes like 10 minutes to get and fill out the paperwork, but then it goes downstairs for a while, and back upstairs into an office.  Over all it takes right at an hour of waiting for it.  And that is with no line.