Police Report From Sc Sled

rickinphil
Posted
Posted

I am having a problem getting my police report from SC SLED to apply for permanent resident status. I wonder if there is another way, I have heard of using my DD214 but don't know how or where.

brock
Posted
Posted

it seems you do not need a police report now, look on bi site

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Dear god .... what did they do change it again ..... I thought it was mandatory for those applying for a 13a .....

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
police report from SC SLED

Whats a SC SLED?

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guy F.
Posted
Posted

http://www.sled.sc.gov/

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

• Like 2

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

When I got my 13A in 2010, I had researched AND called the San Francisco consulate to ensure I had all I needed. Police clearance was NOT on the website list, NOR was it mentioned when I spoke to them to confirm the web lists were up to date. I was assured that if I had all my requirements to them before 11AM, I would get my visa by 5:00pm and be on my way. I flew out from Seattle at 6:00am, got to the consulate before they opened and was second in line...when I got to the counter, I first presented the checklist, (no ploice clearance required) and went down the list presenting each item with multiple copies as required.... at the end, she commented that I was very organized, BUT, I had no police clearance.... I pointed out all the communications I had with her office and the list and she simply replied, "Sorry sir, we changed the requirements and the web site is not updated. No problem though, you can go to a police station here and as long as you get back to us with it before 11AM, you still will get your visa, by 5:00pm  as promised." I had an 8PM flight back to Seattle so I ran out the door, hailed a cab and said to go to the nearest police station... He looked at me worried and asked if anyone was following me, I laughed and said no, not an emergency like that just need some paperwork. Off we went and the police station was great, in and out and since I had never lived in San Francisco or even California, clearance was clean (it would have also been clean from my home town/state). No charge for the service and done with a smile... the cop even joked I could ask a patrol officer to take me back to the consulate if there were no taxis around.... Anyhow, made it back by 10:45, she smiled and took me at the counter right away, done and time for a few hours t the Hard Rock Cafe bar..... back at 4:30 and got my visa right away, walked to the Powell station and took the BART back to the airport and made an earlier flight home with visa in hand..... aside from that ONE point of the police clearance not being on the list, i felt that it was a very impressive achievement that Filipinos were involved and something like that happened in one day. Be wary of website lists and also, be wary EVEN when you confirm the info with them on the phone, when you get there, it may be a different story as I found out. Good luck!!  ;)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I am finding that out here in Canada.  I have been email different departments of the Philippine government and comparing the answers I get from them to what is listed on-line.  Sometimes the web is more accurate than what the government tells me.  And sometimes it's the other way around.  Good thing I have a few months still before I do the move!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Good thing I have a few months still before I do the move!

It will change a time or 3 by then.  :hystery:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good thing I have a few months still before I do the move!

It will change a time or 3 by then.  :hystery:

I think it did change a time or 3 already this morning!!!

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1