Seeking Fred And Captainron From Panglao

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

That's what they were calling themselves at that now-defunct other forum. There is a "fred" at this forum but I sent him a PM over a month ago and he has not responded. Two years ago fred and his wife were extremely helpful when my wife & I were looking for real estate.

We will be visiting Panglao again this October to get some improvements started on the lot we bought. We would love to meet up with fred and his family to have lunch or supper somewhere. The Buzz Cafe, maybe? I promised I'd bring him a large jar of Marmite next visit and I intend doing that!

CaptainRon seemed like an interesting fellow and I'd like to meet him as well.

Can someone help us connect?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

That's what they were calling themselves at that now-defunct other forum. There is a "fred" at this forum but I sent him a PM over a month ago and he has not responded. Two years ago fred and his wife were extremely helpful when my wife & I were looking for real estate.

We will be visiting Panglao again this October to get some improvements started on the lot we bought. We would love to meet up with fred and his family to have lunch or supper somewhere. The Buzz Cafe, maybe? I promised I'd bring him a large jar of Marmite next visit and I intend doing that!

CaptainRon seemed like an interesting fellow and I'd like to meet him as well.

Can someone help us connect?

Come on guys!  Please respond......perhaps we could score a jar of Marmite too....he, he.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The default setting is to email the recipient if a PM is received but sometimes people change their email addresses and don't update their profiles so they miss the notification. My suggestion is to bump the topic once a week to keep it visible under "View New Content". 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The Fred we have here says Bohol as location, been about a month since he has been on.My guess from this topic it is the same person, http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/16394-gardens-or-hobby-farming-in-philippines/?p=99933

We have no Captain Ron. Members often call themselves something different on each forum.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I may be able to help you.  My wife's sister is married to an American and they have been living on Panglao for about two years. Panglao is a small island so a lot of the resident foreigners know each other.  I will send the American's email address to you by PM so you can ask him if he knows them or how to located them. Please let us know if you locate the people you are looking for.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The Fred we have here says Bohol as location, been about a month since he has been on.My guess from this topic it is the same person, http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/16394-gardens-or-hobby-farming-in-philippines/?p=99933

We have no Captain Ron. Members often call themselves something different on each forum.

Yes, from what he wrote in that thread I believe he is indeed the fred I am looking for.

Thank you, Americano. I will try that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes, from what he wrote in that thread I believe he is indeed the fred I am looking for.

Thank you, Americano. I will try that.

I sent you a PM yesterday but you have not read it. Perhaps all members should check how they receive their notifications like PMs waiting to be read. If members want a pop up showing them the message it can be done, an Email can be sent to tell you a PM is waiting or look to see if a number is showing on the messenger icon. Of Course if anyone has changed their Email address then they need to change it in My Profile-My Settings- Email and password   :thumbsup:

post-1-0-32925200-1376965799_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mission accomplished. I got in contact with fred, and he knows CaptainRon. Thanks to all, especially Jollygoodfellow.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 4