Discount On Tax !!! :thumbsup:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Not many countries give discount on tax paying, but RP do at some Real Estate taxes!!!  :dance:

At least accordning to this website

http://nreaphilippines.com/question-on-philippine-real-estate/real-estate-taxes/

What incentives will I get if I pay my RPT and SEFT promptly?

To encourage prompt payments of RPT and SEFT, most cities and municipalities in the Philippines give discounts ranging from 10% to 20% of the basic tax due on prompt full payment or quarterly payments of Real Property Tax and Special Education Fund Tax. Rates of discounts given by Metro Manila cities and municipalities vary. Please see discounts in RPT and SEFT Rates in Metro Manila Cities and Municipalities.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think that is smart.  If they said they would charge you a 20% surcharge penalty for being a day late with your taxes then people would be very upset.  Telling them there is a 20% discount for paying a day early sounds so much better and is much better business.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think that is smart.  If they said they would charge you a 20% surcharge penalty for being a day late with your taxes then people would be very upset.  Telling them there is a 20% discount for paying a day early sounds so much better and is much better business.

Yes. Perhaps it even make more people pay the Real Estate tax. Many skip to pay it, which often complicate things, when Resl Estates change owners, because then the tax people demand the OLD tax from the NEW owner, if it isn't paid by the old owner in the selling process.