Speciality Meats

Bucky
Posted
Posted

While in Subic they had a great specialty meat shop.Is there a shop like that in Cebu.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The Tinderbox has some specialty meats,mainly deli stuff from memory.They also have a resturaunt. http://thetinderbox.com.ph/ Not sure what they have in Subic?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

While in Subic they had a great specialty meat shop.Is there a shop like that in Cebu.

Could you give more details of where it was located In SUBIC?

what exactly did it carry?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

He may be referring to Meats Plus, which I have commented before about having a good burger there.  I'm not sure if they have any fresh meat though.  It appears that it is all frozen USDA beef.  Still better than almost everything else!

If he is not referring to meats plus, I hope he knows about another one for me to try!

Bucky
Posted
Posted

The meat market was called Barreto's specialty meats.It was on the road between the the base and baloy beach almost in the middle of bar barretto.Not sure if that is the town name or just a nickname.But if you find the go go bars you can find the store.It had salamis and other meats sold by the gram.Lots of different cheeses and frozen import sausages but still good quality.Also there steaks are really decent quality.Austrailian or new zealand beef i would think.Hope that helps.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When in Bacolod try Bob's Deli on Lacson St. ..... good variety of cold cuts and cheeses also many imported can goods .... condiments etc. ..... they also serve food and sweets in the restaurant and pizza and sandwiches from the deli .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Bucky
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow thanks for the tinderbox tip.Just left there and enjoyed the hell out of it.Good food Guinness and a Cohiba!! and they even threw in a free birthday desert....i am a fan now...salamat po!

• Like 3