Deposit Of California Tax Refund Check

tworsha
Posted
Posted

I received my California tax refund check and mailed it to my bank in the USA to deposit. I filed a joint tax return so the check was made out to me and my wife. Citibank would not deposit the check into my account becasue, it was double endorsed and my accouint is only in my name. Does anyone know of a bank in the Philippines where I can open an account and deposit my state tax refund check. The check is a low amount around $1,000 so not big money.

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a BPI USD account and have deposited several checks with no problem except the 3-4 weeks you have to wait for the funds to be available to withdraw.

Edited by earthdome

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a BPI USD account and have deposited several checks with no problem except the 3-4 weeks you have to wait for the funds to be available to withdraw.

Same here.   I deposited my Kentucky state income tax in my BPI dollar account and just had to wait for it to clear.

In fact, if your check is over $500 I think you can use it to meet the BPI $500 minimum to open the account.  Don't quote me on that.

Since you and your wife already endorsed it, I would make sure you both go to the bank with your ids and other required papers.

jon1
Posted
Posted

When I opened my bank account they wanted cash for the $500. They did not want a personal check. It may be different for a government check.

tworsha
Posted
Posted

Gents, thanks for the replies to my post. The info is very helpful. Is BPI the best choice of banks to work with? I was looking at BPI, BDO and RCBC as the choices to choose from. They look to have the best expat customer reviews out ofrom all the forum threds on Philippine banks.