Do You Need Some Good Sausage In The Iloilo Area?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ok I am not looking - I have found - really good sausage.  A German chap in our bimonthly lunch group has started making sausages and sells them to the Iloilo Supermarket branch at the Atrium (same building as Days Inn).  If you are in Iloilo you probably know where that is.  And these are some good sausages.  So far I have tried the smoked kielbasa and the Berlin curry sausage.  Both were exceptional!

The brand name is Don Right, you get 5 sausages per pack, 500 grams, for p300.  They say he also does sliced deli meats but I have not seen them at the grocery store yet, and have not gone by the factory - he will sell to the public at the factory.  No, I do not work for him but I owe him a hug 

I did not realize how much I missed good sausage... I almost deep throated the kielbasa... much to the amusement of my girlfriend   :tiphat:

• Like 4

Curley
Posted
Posted

Good to hear that at least there's one foreigner willing to get off his butt and subsidise his income.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Ok I am not looking - I have found - really good sausage.  A German chap in our bimonthly lunch group has started making sausages and sells them to the Iloilo Supermarket branch at the Atrium (same building as Days Inn).  If you are in Iloilo you probably know where that is.  And these are some good sausages.  So far I have tried the smoked kielbasa and the Berlin curry sausage.  Both were exceptional!

The brand name is Don Right, you get 5 sausages per pack, 500 grams, for p300.  They say he also does sliced deli meats but I have not seen them at the grocery store yet, and have not gone by the factory - he will sell to the public at the factory.  No, I do not work for him but I owe him a hug 

I did not realize how much I missed good sausage... I almost deep throated the kielbasa... much to the amusement of my girlfriend   :tiphat:

Ahh.....the multiple skills of King Tuka Ram.  Don't even get me started, OK?  It's too early in the morning for that.

BZ sailor -- Jake

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Kielbasa sausage with mustard, scrambled eggs, toast with orange marmalade, and Tang... Breakfast - It's more fun in the Philippines!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Kielbasa sausage with mustard, scrambled eggs, toast with orange marmalade, and Tang... Breakfast - It's more fun in the Philippines!

Back at you TR!  Here is a typical Filipino breakfast called Longsilog, a variation of Topsilog with longanisa sausages. 

post-686-0-99861100-1378092464_thumb.jpg

Perfect with mango daiquiris!  

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I thought Kielbasa was Portugues?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I thought Kielbasa was Portugues?

Definition of KIELBASA
: a smoked sausage of Polish origin
Origin of KIELBASA
Polish kiełbasa
First Known Use: 1910

Of the Fantastic sausages, kielbasa is my fav.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I love Kielbasa but it has to be handmade and with the proper ingredients! Same for a good Farmer's Sausage - add too many non-requisite ingredients and you end up with something completely inedible! Hmmm... Maybe I have found myself a new career for once I am there! Hehe!

:)