Arthritis

bc_hombre
Posted
Posted

I am back in Vancouver for the first time in about 4 years during the start of cold rainy season. I am aching for the first time in years, since leaving Vancouver island. Nicaragua sure has been great for the bones after a major motorcycle accident. how does the humid but warm climate in the Philippines work on anyone that suffers from arthritic pain?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Isn't it humid warm weather in Nicaragua too?  I thought it's similar weather there as in RP.

I suppouse it's good for your legs, if you are where the temperature don't drop to low, because of humid "cold" is normaly much worse for such injuries than dry cold, and when it's humid and stay still because of injury, then even 18 C can  feel cold.

(My knees like 25 C or warmer, while my head like 25 C or colder  :lol:  

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I find that I have less inflammation and pain while in Philippines. My home is about two hours south of Vancouver BC.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Bouncing around these roads in PI whether in a car, bus, motorcycle, jeepney or double tire seems to be good for the joints and core muscles. They make shoes that you have to tense up to keep in balance and those medicine balls do the same. It keeps you flexible. Pelvic tilt is good too. The heat helps. In January, when it rains, the locals get sick and complain of the cold but it doesn't bother us northerners.