Land Type "inventory"

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Faster to ask than to travel around everywhere to look myself  :)  so I ask -  Where can such land be found?

I know in NorthEast of Bohol there are land, which fullfil these conditions, but the soil is rather bad there (=get out of nutrision fast) so I look for options where are provinces with such land? :

/I will want some hectares of land, so it has to cost rather litle per sqm.

/Few people   :)   so it's a chance very calm places can be found.

/slooping/hilly so water move away, but not to steep so moving and harvesting is no problem.

/not rocky. In some soils it can be hard to see when it's untoughed, but in rivers/creeks it's more vissible where water have moved away soil but not the rocks. (E g it's bad in the mountains in West Bohol, even almost impossible to drive motorbike because of the rocks in some places where the rocks aren't cleared away.)

/I suppouse the soil need to be at least close to 1 meter deep.

/not to close to vulcano =not much earthquake activities "ever".

Preferingly away from both "North Typhon Belt" and muslim guerilla  :)   so I'm MAINLY talking about somewhere in Visaya.

E g is it such land at south parts of Negros island? 

If so - where?  :)

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Go at Luzon, Rizal, Rodriguez. Ask which lands are not suitable for quarry, they will show you.

You get all that you ask for plus much more such as:

90 minutes drive to Makati in normal traffic

15 minutes to closest Robinsons market and a huge local fresh and wet market for your groceries

Lower temperatures compared to rest of Luzon, no need for aircon if you make your house carefully

The furthest you go in the mountain the most isolated you get, few people are there.

Safe area, physically and naturally for as long as you stay at the slopes and not the valley which gets flooded.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you find that Bohol fills the bill for what you are looking for, then why not go to Bohol?  If you want to grow crops but the soil is not to your standards, improve it!  What does it need?  Some lime tilled in?  Grow some basic nitrogen crops for a few years?  This will give you time to get  your house set up.  The big guy won't just hand you the perfect field and say "Go to it"...  Will you, Tom?

:mocking:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Go at Luzon, Rizal, Rodriguez.
Well. Something like that, but much more issolated. the lowland of Rodtiguez is even connected to Metro Manila, that's some hundreds kilometers to close for my taste  :)

If you find that Bohol fills the bill for what you are looking for, then why not go to Bohol?  If you want to grow crops but the soil is not to your standards, improve it!  What does it need?  Some lime tilled in?  Grow some basic nitrogen crops for a few years?  This will give you time to get  your house set up.  The big guy won't just hand you the perfect field and say "Go to it"...  Will you, Tom?

:mocking:

Well. The part of Bohol I know have such hills/sloops I look for, have Ulfisol TYPE of soil, which is crap in nutrision point of view. If I have understood corect, it has problem to keep nutrision too even if add much. That's why I want better soil  :) 

Perhaps that explains some hills is only used for letting cows go there and eat, it's almost out of nutrision, so don't even "junk trees" succed to take over there.

(Some other parts of Bohol has good soil according to a "soil map" I found, but I know very litle of that part concerning other things.)

I'm to old to want to wait several years to get good soil  :)  because it would delay too how many years it take until I have developed it ready to retire.

Well. I suppouse the big guys keep their land, and I can't afford 100 hectares and such anyway, but many smaller guys want to sell  :)    and sell cheap too, because it's hard for them to find buyers who can pay even cheap prises.

(E g one want to sell some hectares in good soil region, asking only 10p/m2. But some to steep and adjustant to province highway so not calm enough for my taste.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Good luck!!!! Check Batanes islands!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Good luck!!!! Check Batanes islands!!

Well I'm more a land person, prefering land connection to an OK hospital in case it's needed during a typhon, and some business better have lorry transport possibility to enough many suppliers/customers.

Actualy I saw an add yesterday concerning an island for sale in Visayas where it's possible to WALK the 500 meters to "civilization" during low tide!  :lol:

And one 6600 sqm island for sale for 1 mill.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Oh... I could own my own island... and ban chickens!  Peaceful sleep...   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree that it is useless to try to change the soil here.  There is SOOOO much rainfall that poor soil just cannot hold the nutrients you add as they are washed away faster than you can add them.  I'm sure it can be done, anything can be done with enough time and money, but better to look for the soil type you want, if you can find it.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh... I could own my own island... and ban chickens!  Peaceful sleep...   :tiphat:

That's one of the reasons I want to live far enough away from people, because it means far enough from roosters too - and motorbikes and karaoke  :)