Suggestions On Where To Stay On My 3 Day Layover In Hk

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

I have a 3 night layover in HK and am looking for hotel/ sightseeing suggestions. Will be my first stay there and my sons first trip out of the US .

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted (edited)

Damn expensive in HK 

Here is the a couple places I stayed 

http://www.harbour-plaza.com/8degrees/Index-en.htm

Really cool place all built on a 8 degree slope to give the illusion of it being tilted  super cool floors and a nice place to stay

The down side it was around 500 US a night

(edit just checked there site looks like you can get a room for 100US  I would stay there if you can get that price 

I was there during the trade shows so I got jacked looks like lol)  Great food stay out of the bar drinks are killer there 

Heres the place I prefer because your just sleeping there and out all day anyway

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g294217-d754042-r108733027-Holiday_Guest_House_Chongqing_Mansion-Hong_Kong.html

Read the first review explains the place pretty well

All I would add is book when you get there look at a few places some are real dives some are decent I found a place run by Filapinas and it was safe with aircon ,wifi,tv,hot water for 45 US a night Not sure if I remember the name but Peters rings a bell 

It a cool place on a different level I would also suggest a lower floor for safety reasons ie : fire 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chungking_Mansions

Edited by cebu rocks
  • Like 1

Isabela
Posted
Posted

I stayed in Hong Kong this year. I found a great deal at the YMCA in TST. It is a a nice hotel near the Sheraton. I payed around $126 during Chinese New Year. It was a great safe area.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

For a snack or breakfast or a light meal there are a plethora of bake shops around the Salisbury and Nathan Road area. They have some of the best breads and pastries I have ever had.

Holiday Inn Express East Kowloon is a nice place but on the $$ high side

make sure you  .buy a Octopussy card for the MTR includes 3 days unlimited travel on the MTR 300HKD  and what you dont use when you hand your card in at the airport you get some cash back.

TRY the panda Hotel

No.3 Tsuen Wah Street, Tsuen Wan

its very very clean and

Kings De Nathan Hotel

No.473 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei,
 have stayed at both and I was satisfied but thats my opinion 
Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a 3 night layover in HK and am looking for hotel/ sightseeing suggestions. Will be my first stay there and my sons first trip out of the US .

How old is your son?  You might consider Hong Kong Disneyland.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

oops should mention my son is 27..a bit past the Disney stage

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

No one is past the Disney stage.  I am 49, my kids are 22 & 25.  We went to Disney, Florida for spring break for the last 10 years ha ha!

My girlfriend and i are planning a trip to Hong Kong specifically for Disney  :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I stayed in Hong Kong this year. I found a great deal at the YMCA in TST. It is a a nice hotel near the Sheraton. I payed around $126 during Chinese New Year. It was a great safe area.

I too have stayed there and thought it was great! If I met someone, we went back to their place and thus I was free to escape once I sobered up enough... I don't remember what I paid but I do remember it was cheaper than anybody else.