Internet Outdoor Antenna

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I suppouse something like this

http://www.ayosdito.ph/OUTDOOR+YAGI+ANTENNA+for+3G+or+4G+MODEMS-6235548-1.htm

can be useful, when having weak signal. This one cost only 850p.

I don't know for RP, but I suppouse it's similar to Thailand where some people living rural have used antennas or satelite discs (aiming at the mobile Internet pole) to solve to low signals successfuly.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

As optional equipment, the RV dealer of the motorhome I am purchasing can install an omnidirectional antennae. It's suppose to rotate and lock-in to the strongest signal if we are out in the boondocks. Something similar might work in the Philippines.

It turns out boondock is a Filipino word from "bundok" or mountain. It was coined by soldiers from the US 7th Calvary assigned to the Philippines after the Spanish-American War. They were there to suppress the insurgency lead by General Emilio Aguinaldo. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

For all of you who thought you didn't know any Filipino! :)

Just about any wireless transmitter/receiver is manufactured as cheaply as possible - which means they are made to work under the best possible conditions. So borderline reception and a stock set-up rarely will work the way you want it to. That is where things like the antennae Thomas showed really come in handy. A lot of people on here have complained that they can't get a good signal... Go back and read Thomas's post again!

:)

Edited by I am bob

Thomas
Posted
Posted
As optional equipment, the RV dealer of the motorhome I am purchasing can install an omnidirectional antennae.
Yes, sure if there are more than one possible pole within interesting reach. The two I know using parabol discs had only one pole each to chose from, so they mounted them static. One of them got slow but strong enough signal allways,

while the other got trouble in storms, because they have high forest between them and the mobile pole, but otherwice it functioned even to have a small Internet cafe in the village.

Both 20-40 kilometers to the mobile pole.

I don't know aiming possibilities for them with antennas.

For all of you who thought you didn't know any Filipino! :)
If you know some Spanish, you "know" some Filipino too, because it has borrowed rather many Spanish words, sometimes even as much the Filipino meaning can be guessed if knowing Spanish. If manage to "decode" the Filipino shortenings/spelling  :)

(E g "como esta usted" ="kmusta".)

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Globe says they are bringing me an atenna for my WiMax...3 months later... I am starting to have my doubts...   :tiphat:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Globe says they are bringing me an atenna for my WiMax...3 months later... I am starting to have my doubts...  

Aah.... You are still a novice in the Philippines. You gotta keep calling Globe and start dropping names like.... "I  need that antenna. The vice-governor is coming to my house to look at some neat graphics on my computer." Three months? Your files have been deleted.