Landscaping Supplies & Services, Tagbilaran/dauis Vicinity.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mrs. F. and I are going to Cebu and Bohol this month. We have a 1,500 square meter lot in Songculan, Dauis (Island of Panglao, Bohol Province) on which we plan to start building a house in 2 years. We want to get some trees and shrubs planted ASAP. There are already 2 mature mango trees, a jackfruit tree, a few pineapples and a dwarf palm. Where can we find a plant nursery and landscaping services on Panglao or in the vicinity of Tagbilaran? Would suppies need to be shipped from Cebu? We would like to get palms planted just inside the border along with some flowering shrubs. I would welcome suggestions regarding what to plant and how to get it done.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I think you may be best getting intouch with one of our members, His business is/was landscaping...Mr James Musslewhite.

•  
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know much about plants for gardens, because I have only checked for comersial use, but there are orchards and such here and there selling "seedlings", some of them are rather big trees, which are grown 1.5 year or so allready.

PhilRice have some, but I believe they have only things suiting for commersial use, but I suppouse they know where you can find what you want. (There are PhilRice in several places at Bohol, but I have only made notes - in my head :) - of them in northeast part of Bohol, surely there are such closer to you too.)

I recomend DON'T plant coconut palms. Some PEOPLE DIE every year by geting coconuts falling in their head, so don't have such where you are/walk regularly. I plan to shop DOWN the coconut palms if there will be any where I will settle, at least the high palms, perhaps keeping if there are dwarf palms. If you want coconuts, there are plenty to buy cheap "everywhere" anyway.

It's rather common to have mahogany planted at the border of the land, but I don't know if they did it of comersial or other reason. But them I have checked mainly are biger land than just house lots.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Seems like good advice, Thomas. I will look for a PhilRice place. I really like the look of mahogany trees. I'm sure I will plant some. I saw the lot yesterday for the first time in 2 years. There are already 8 dwarf coconut trees. I hope I can find young trees to transplant, so as to get faster results.