Places I Have Stayed In The Philippines In 2012-2013

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

I thought I would share a list of the individual hotels etc in places I have stayed in the last 12 months.

Some were great, but some were not :)  I am happy to share my thoughts/experiences on some. 

Boracay
  • 7 Stones Hotel/Resort
  • Turtle Inn Resort
Manila 
  • Berjaya Hotel, Makati
  • Mayfield Residences, Pasig
  • New Horizon, Mandaluyon
Legazpi, Albay
  • Mayon View Apartelle
  • Balay de la Rama Bed & Breakfast

Palawan, Puerto Princesa.

• Bulwagang Princesa Inn
  • Daluyon Beach Resort
  • D'Lucky Garden Inn
  • Go Hotels
  • Prima Residences
  • Princess Armicha
  • RAQ Pensionne
Cebu
  • Lancaster Hotel
  • Palazzo Pensionne
Puerto Galera
  • Squares Apartments

I considered rating them, but then realised I couldn't do that as as even my own rating would vary depending on what I was looking for at the time, let alone what another person is wanting from an accommodation.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I thought I would share a list of the individual hotels etc in places I have stayed in the last 12 months.

Some were great, but some were not :)  I am happy to share my thoughts/experiences on some. 

I considered rating them, but then realised I couldn't do that as as even my own rating would vary depending on what I was looking for at the time, let alone what another person is wanting from an accommodation.

OK ABC.....may I suggest you start rating the various venues on how to meet potential GF's.  For example, can you

briefly describe the hotel lobbies if it's a target enriched environment?  Give each one an A, B or C rating......he, he.

DOM forever -- Jake

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

OK ABC.....may I suggest you start rating the various venues on how to meet potential GF's.  For example, can you

briefly describe the hotel lobbies if it's a target enriched environment?  Give each one an A, B or C rating......he, he.

DOM forever -- Jake

Sorry, can't do that.  I was with my one all the time.  However, the Berjaya Hotel was one that I had to run from the shop back to the lobby to avoid being chatted up.  One girl did follow me all the way back.  That was the last time I was allowed out on my own ;)

The lobby were very strict however, and when my relatives visited, they needed ID to get in.

However, I just remembered.  The single guys who arrived at the Squares Apartments were never single for long, but I don't know where they found them.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Some were great, but some were not  I am happy to share my thoughts/experiences on some. 

How about a thumbs up or thumbs down on each?   :)

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem is that I could give a thumbs down to 'Prima Residences', for example, but someone else might give it a thumbs up for value, as it was the cheapest decent place I found in Palawan.  However, I would prefer not to go back, but I can see its appeal to many. Bedroom with air con and ensuite, and a living area with kitchen.

But just not for me.

I could also give a thumbs up for the 7 Stones, and would happily there if I won lotto.  But some people don't like it, as it is on the wrong side of Boracay.

I did do a review for "Mayon View Apartelle", and I did say it was good for Filipinos to stay.  But again 'not for me'.

Where would I happily go back?

These three get my first thoughts

7 Stones Resort, Boracay

Daluyon Beach Resort, Palawan

Squares Apartments, Puerto Galera

Secondary:

Balay de la Rama, Legazpi

Berjaya Hotel, Makati
New Horizon, Mandaluyon
RAQ Pensionne, Palawan
Edited by ABCDiamond
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Over one summer a few years ago, I did membership to a vacation club. It only cost $25,000 Canadian to join - and this was when the C$ was pretty week at par. And, you know, the owners realized that it's hard to sell something when you have never been there. So I was fortunate enough to spend several weeks traveling around the world and staying at 5 star resorts. (And now For my point...) So many of these do called 5-approaching-6-star joints are dumps when you look a little closer! One place didn't even change the sheets from the last "guests". A lot of the rating came from a good looking lobby (yeah, the rooms were dismal and the halls stank), and a good view. Often this was a view down on the city because the land was purchased back when it was in the middle of nowhere and was really cheap. Tie in with an expensive name and a lot of advertising and- voila! A dump masquerading as a resort! Which would go a long way to explaining that Russia, at the time, had nothing rated higher than a 4 yet had some really beautiful resorts many of us considered better than what we saw in Europe... So please be careful when out shopping for a place to stay... You may find somebody else's dump to be your jewel in the sun!

• Like 1