Cost Of Average 3 Bedroom Home

jwb912
Posted
Posted

Greetings Expats, I was interested in finding out approximately, what was average cost of building a 3 BDRM, cinder block house would be, if my wife already owned the property. I am looking at a modest home, with a family room, kitchen,  laundry room, and and parking for a two car garage, at the end of the house. Thanks... Jimmy

• Like 1

jwb912
Posted
Posted

Greetings Expats, One member was asking about why so many townhouses are been built. Someone said to cram as many houses in as possible. Which is true, for the land developers, but the primary reason for building a 2 story house or townhouse is the same in the USA & Philippines. Which is the footprint, or the foundation. The larger the footprint, means a lot more cement goes into the construction. It also takes up more square footage. It is a lot cheaper to build a 2nd floor for any house or townhouse. They do not use cement for the construction of the flooring, in 2nd floor of any 2 story house. So, the larger foundation takes more land, and a lot more cement. Thanks... Jimmy

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
, I was interested in finding out approximately, what was average cost of building a 3 BDRM, cinder block house would be,

That is sooo hard to answer as the basic structure would likely cost only a half million pesos, but when you add finishing it can go from double to 10X the cost.  The money is in the finishing, not the building.  Many foreigners are not happy with a basic cinderblock house.  

They do not use cement for the construction of the flooring, in 2nd floor of any 2 story house.

Oh really?  Does not seem to apply to any 2 story buildings I have seen in Phils.
  • Like 1