Pal Offers Promo Fares For London Flights

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Wow, that is still 660 pounds, which is much more than I paid the last time I flew, but then that was Singapore Airlines from Singapore to Heathrow and return, so had the extra from Singapore to Manila.

But I guess that is a good deal now.

Soon I will need to find some cheap tickets for both Ellie and I to take Chiya to see my Mum in Canada, so will need to look for some tickets to Toronto or even better Ottawa.

Papa Carl

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

http://www.mb.com.ph/pal-offers-promo-fares-for-london-flights/

October 11, 2013

Philippine Airlines (PAL) is offering low introductory fares for its non-stop London flights

– the fastest route at just 12.5 hours – to allow more customers to experience the flag carrier’s brand of excellent service both on the ground and in the air.

The introductory economy Manila-London-Manila ticket is pegged at $1.052 all-in.

The budget economy fare includes the base fare of $472,

government taxes $209.90,

fuel surcharge $328,

travel tax $38

and ticketing service fee $5.

For those who want to experience PAL’s luxurious Business class, round-trip tickets are available for as low as $2,900.

The introductory fares are on sale until January 14, 2014, while travel period is from November 4, 2013 to May 31, 2014.

Economy passengers are entitled to 20 kilos of free checked-in and seven kilos of hand-carried baggage.

Business class travelers are allowed 40 kilos of checked-in baggage.

Fares are inclusive of base fare,

fuel surcharge, government taxes,

ticketing service fee and Philippine travel tax.

Economy tickets cannot be rebooked or refunded.

Tickets though may be refunded when application for a British visa is denied.

Other restrictions may apply.

Last Sept. 17, PAL president Ramon S. Ang was joined by visiting British Minister of State for Trade and Investment Lord Stephen Green of Hurstpierpoint in announcing PAL’s return to London, opening up the fastest travel between the Philippines and UK.

“With the new direct air links, our country is looking at a potential windfall in tourism, trade and investment from Europe,” said the PAL president.

PAL also aims at providing the more than 664,000 Filipinos in Europe with the most convenient travel to return home “via the airline that knows them best,” added Mr. Ang.

The Manila-London service starting November 4, 2013 will use the twin-engine, 370-seater Boeing 777-300ER

which is equipped with modern inflight amenities.

The five times a week flights will arrive at Terminal 4 of Heathrow airport, premier gateway to the United Kingdom and the world’s busiest international airport.

Other European destinations soon to be opened by PAL include Amsterdam, Rome and Paris. The flag carrier stopped flying to Europe in 1998.

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I paid about the same when i returned from the UK two weeks ago, My flight wasn't direct I flew via Abu Dhabi, the first leg was with Etihad airlines, and the second leg was meant to be with PAL, but i was informed on check in i would have to fly the second leg with another carrier, I was pleased when they told me it would again be Etihad.

John

Edited by johnb
  • Like 1

jojones
Posted
Posted

I booked this ticket recently. Sounds much better than stopping off half way in the middle east. Just hoping the seats we get are OK (wouldn't let me choose online) and can get some sleep on the 14 hour flight. Booking on the PAL website wasn't very easy but we got there in the end after being on hold for 30 minutes on the phone. I did some digging and the planes sound very new. Apparently they had some extra new planes they couldn't use for the States so started this route. I doubt the legroom will be as good as with Singapore Airlines though.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

I booked this ticket recently. Sounds much better than stopping off half way in the middle east. Just hoping the seats we get are OK (wouldn't let me choose online) and can get some sleep on the 14 hour flight. Booking on the PAL website wasn't very easy but we got there in the end after being on hold for 30 minutes on the phone. I did some digging and the planes sound very new. Apparently they had some extra new planes they couldn't use for the States so started this route. I doubt the legroom will be as good as with Singapore Airlines though.

The seat pitch for PAL's wide-bodied fleet is 32" for Fiesta (economy) and 57" in Mabuhay which is, in fact, the same as Singapore Airlines' 777-300ERs and yes, the aircraft will be very new as two will only have just been delivered by Boeing.

Flying time from London will be about 12h30m but it can take up to an hour longer to make the return trip - due to the strength and direction of the jet stream - about half of which will be over China.

The Promo fare may need to rise after Christmas as British Airports Authority announced towards the end of last week that it is to increase landing fees by £35 (~ $50) per passenger.

• Like 1