I Love Davao City.

Jimmy Canada
Posted
Posted

Hello Folks

Hopefully I can be  of assistance to anyone with questions about Davao City. My first trip there was Apr 2008. I have recently married (in Davao) the same lady I had met in 2008. My wife is an architect and we own a small business in the city. I continue to work here in Canada for perhaps another 2-3 yrs  before retiring permanently in Davao City. It's a very modern and clean city. Now it's still the Philippines not Toronto or New York. But everything is there. In fact there has been to new very new malls constructed that rival anything here in Canada. It's hot, it's humid but that's all part of it. I can't say enough about what a great city it is. It's very safe.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update on Davao City and thanks for sharing.

Julia
Posted
Posted

I got lots of good friends in Davao City. never been there but I always look forward to going there for the Fruit Festival... everybody loves Davao City!

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is the davao city web site

http://www.davaocity.gov.ph/davao/ main site of the vity

http://www.davaocity.gov.ph/ccro/SERVICES.html site of the civil registrars

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Welcome Jimmy, it looks like I will have another forum member to visit when I make it down to Davao. Nice to have another Canuck on board, we may soon out number a few of the others and will need to set something up for all the Canucks to meet up!

Keep us posted, about how things are progressing in Davao and let us know when you make the final move!

Papa Carl

• 1 month later...
Alby
Posted
Posted

Jimmy and all,

I will be visiting (exploring) Davao for a possible retirement here from the US.

I am sure I will need some residency in the begining or later so, how should one go about that in Davao? Any websites? Any 'not to do' things?

What are the good safe and typhoon resistant areas to rent in?

I intend to stay at a hotel at first but I am sure I will to rent down the road then may be own if I get hooked :)

Alby.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
everybody loves Davao City!

after reading this forum and the "news "reports  regarding the overall "carefree living",(comma)crime,&safety.

Expats in Davao would be a good place to live .spend 1's life ..

IF THEY CAN ACCEPT THE WAY THE THINGS ARE,& KEEPS ones mouth SHUT about the DDS and Politics