Is It Safe For An American To Live In Arakan, Cotabato

Kenneth Marchbanks
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just joined here and have a question. My wife is from Arakan, Cotabato and she would like to move back when I retire. Is it safe for an American to live there.

Thank you

Kenneth

gaga4
Posted
Posted

My thoughts is no based on what I read that happens in Mindanao. But if you are asking the question you probably know what the answer is already.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My wife is from Kabacan, Cotabato. It is about 40 miles to the West of Arakan. We have a house there but will not be living there for long periods in the near future. To dangerous for me to be there says her parents and all the relatives.

Davao City is really close by. We are looking in to property there. If you have to ask about your own safety, sound like you have not been there to see for yourself.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

When Lala, the Governor of Cotabato, asked me if I wanted to visit there, her chief of security immediately assured me they would look after my safety! That was enough for me to decline! I think you have your answer! LOL

Your wife should know this better than we do???

Edited by BobNChe
  • Like 1

Kenneth Marchbanks
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the comments.

I have visted Arakan it was just for a week and not in town. I didn't feel unsafe but that was probally due to my ignorance LOl. Of course I had read the news, I know there are some areas of Mindinao that are absolutely unsafe. My wife has never experienced any voilence where her parents live, they're just outside of the town of Arakan, just a scattering of huts and fields. Beautiful country side. I think Iam going to stay in Davao city/Samal area. Everyone take care

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the comments.

I have visted Arakan it was just for a week and not in town. I didn't feel unsafe but that was probally due to my ignorance LOl. Of course I had read the news, I know there are some areas of Mindinao that are absolutely unsafe. My wife has never experienced any voilence where her parents live, they're just outside of the town of Arakan, just a scattering of huts and fields. Beautiful country side. I think Iam going to stay in Davao city/Samal area. Everyone take care

Better safe than sorry with all the violence in the south recently. Cheers!