Globe Dsl Plans

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Was wondering if anyone had tried the Globe 3Mbps plan for p1599 ..... I'm currently using the p1299 plan for 2Mbps and when all the Filipinos get home in the evening I can't get my Hulu shows to run .... just wondering if the extra p300 is worth it .... so far we haven't had to install cable TV so we're saving about p1000 each month .... my asawa watches the local news and we have been watching our extensive collections of DVD's but we have finally run out of ones to watch .... tried Hulu .... Veetle ....USTV Now and one other program but the programs sometimes lag in the evening ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Mike, I recently upgraded from 3 to 5 Mb/s and it's noticeably faster but I don't know if 1 Mb is going to make much of a difference. For 300 a month I would do it though. They also put a junction box on the side of the house where there were 2 cables spliced together, not even taped, just wires wrapped around each other. Hasn't gone down once since and I had constant problems before, like every time it rained. You just have to keep complaining and eventually they'll get tired of opening tickets.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike .... we're still mulling it over as I have no problem with my normal 2Mbps as far as my computer goes and what I use it for ... I would hate to upgrade to 3Mbps and find that Hulu still lagged .... the Cignal Digital TV plan we looked at was about p1090 for what we wanted as far as shows go ..... but the 2-3 year contract is kinda a deterrent ..... especially if the reception turns out to be crap .... back in the US I wouldn't worry to much but here if it works great if not great ..... ya know what I mean ....  :mocking: 

:cheersty:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Last week we had Globe to install, they had no available 2mb ADSL so we tried the  Wi max. NO signal, so we aborted.

Friday we had Smart Bro install a Wi max, only 1mb but from a roof antenna, Passing Signal 10 whatever it is, we are getting 23.92. cost 999ph

499 for 3 months and free instillation 

we can upgrade to 2 or 3mb and top price is 12,999. so far very Good. Whatever time of day it is.

Just a thought here.

• Like 1