Acr Card Notice

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

News that you can use ACR CARD story

hope that this is helpful to the long term expats/residents

news release from the BI that advises that Aliens to carry their ACR cards.

now here is the article.

BI advises aliens to always carry with them their ACR I-Cards

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) yesterday advised foreigners to always have with them their Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card)

as best proof of their legal status and stay in the Philippines.

BI officer-in-charge Siegfred Mison said having the ACR I-Card helps a foreigner avoid inconvenience whenever he transacts business in the country.

The ACR I-Card is a microchip-based identification card issued to a registered alien which replaced the previous paper-based ACR.

It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically.

The card also serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate,

Re-entry Permit

and Special Return Certificate of the holder upon payment of the required fees.

Mison, however, warned foreigners to guard against forged and spurious ACR I-Cards.

He said it has come to the bureau’s attention that some of these cards have been fabricated or fraudulently issued by unscrupulous elements.

The BI chief also advised foreigners to only engage the services of BI Accredited Private Entities in applying for their ACR I-Cards.

He described the ACR I-Card as an important identity and visa status document that should not be desecrated.
Mison disclosed that the unlawful reproduction, replication, sale, manufacture and distribution of ACR I-Card is a criminal offense punishable with imprisonment and fine under the Philippine Immigration Act.

http://www.tribune.net.ph/metro-section/bi-advises-aliens-to-always-carry-with-them-their-acr-i-cards

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2013/10/19/mison-tells-foreigners-to-keep-their-acr-handy/

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have not heard that one before. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Re-entry Permit

Morning all, I read this with some interest, Like Tuka, I have not heard of this, do you have any idea what it is all about, how it works? 

:tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Re-entry Permit

Morning all, I read this with some interest, Like Tuka, I have not heard of this, do you have any idea what it is all about, how it works? 

:tiphat:

I have spent some time on the BI website the past few days, trying to understand a few things.  I ran across this as well.  I believe what it means is that once you pay for the ECC the data is stored on the card chip, rather than printed paper.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=61

Here is an advisory on ECC too:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2108&Itemid=103

What I still don't understand is what the P700 Emigration Clearance Certificate fee is on my second extension, the one where you get the ACR.  As far as I can tell I will have to apply for and pay for the ECC before I leave the country.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I know my ACR said specifically "not an entry visa", but mine is also only a tourist ACR.  That is probably quite different.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Yes a Tourist & 13A ACR are totally different.

• Like 1