Overstaying

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:unsure:

Now! here is a peculiar one ( or is it)

Because of the happenings last year with my health, I arrived on a 9a Visa and have extended as per rules.

Yesterday, I went to BOI to make application for an extended, extension stay, my 16 months are up. Although, my UK pension is approved and being paid payed in parts , a little hit and miss at present,  it will not be fully implemented and stable until January 2014.

My letter of reason stated this for applying for my 13a and I competed the usual forms and paid the necessary amount.

This included my expired ACR card. receipts in hand with my Passport but No, extension, at this time. I had a beer to calm down

I was told to come back in 2 weeks for the decision OK, so  just now, I only have an extension till October 27th 

As we can only apply for extensions up to 10 days prior to expiry, what happens if my application is turned down. The date of my return to the BOI will be November the 4th, My passport still says 27th October,

So on my return to BOI on the 4th November, if the application is turned down, I will be an Over-stayer,

Can This be right?

Has anyone else suffered this ? What did you do

jack P :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

That is very interesting indeed Jack .... I personally haven't heard of that before .... and of course they won't give you anything in writing saying that they told you to come back AFTER you visa expired ..... not sure just what the penalty is for over-staying for a few weeks but surely it won't be to much and you may have to take a short trip out of the country ..... JMHO ... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

you may have to take a short trip out of the country .....

Now there lies another problem. How do we get an EEC with an Overstay and No ACR card ( They say 1 month for a renewal) again, lets take the money and maybe, this guy will go away. As it stands, I can go NO where, I can't leave and if I stay, I am a definite over stayer,

:unsure:  Up the Creek and absolutely No Paddle. :morning1:  ha ha No! forget this, I will have a Beer or Two and go to plan 5a

:tiphat:  

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

My situation was a little more complicated, as I had changed my passport from UK to Canadian, when renewing my temp, 13A. They sat working out my situation for almost 7 months, which meant I was definitely over staying, and when they finally approved my new 13A, they also charged me 8 months of over stay! Ha, they got their money out of me, several times over.

Papa Carl

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think, relax and all will be fine. Overstay is only 500 a month, or was that 200 but either way not much. In your case you have done everything asked of you and told when to return to the BI so its not like they have no documentation of your situation.

If it was me and my health was good I would think it would be easier to take a trip and start again but your personal situation may not allow that.

• 3 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Can This be right?

Has anyone else suffered this ? What did you do

jack P :tiphat:

any updates on this JACK??

PAPA CARL

when renewing my temp, 13A. They sat working out my situation for almost 7 months, which meant I was definitely over staying,

could you explain if you know. why it took 7months to "settle" your situation?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Has anyone else suffered this ? What did you do     jack P  

A very good friend of mine also had this problem (I was not aware till recently) he went to Cebu for his ECC.

The BOI told him that as he had his OR"S for his Extention and Expired card, it proved he had applied and paid. he could apply for his ECC and go to the US for XMAS, For Me just now,  all is quiet on the Western front. I have extension till 27th Feb. With the new 36 month System here, it would seem my particular problem, should not arise again. When I went to do the December extension, I was told I would not have to submit a letter to Manila.  

The Girl told me that the rules were changing and the Local ACO could do the Extensions now after the 16 month.

Heres hoping, that this will continue, "Moving Goalposts" comes to mind  :rolleyes:

Point to remember though, we should always keep safe BOI Paperwork and OR"S. In the end, prior to my December Extension, I was keeping copies of the OR's in my Passport, Just in case. 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

The joys of trying to do anything during a transition in government regulations.  Hope it works out for you Jack. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The joys of trying to do anything during a transition in government regulations.  Hope it works out for you Jack. 

:thumbsup:  So far so good, lets see what they come up with or do next :1 (103):  whatever, we must not let them Grind us down :no:

• Like 2