Contact Lens

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Does anyone buy contact lens here?  I bought some last week and I was wondering if the price I paid was way too high compared to other places in the Philippines.  I know it was higher than I paid in the US last year but I can't find that receipt, so I don't know exactly how much they were.

I went to Ideal Vision in the Harbor Point mall here in Subic Bay.  They are a chain and have a nice clean modern store.  I was hoping they would sell me some without an exam, which they did.  After I paid, I asked how much the exam and fitting were, for next time, and he said they were free when you buy the contacts.

The contacts are Ciba Vison Air Optics, the same as what I bought in the US.  A box (6 contacts) was p1650, but if you by 3 you get one free.  Total was p4950 for the 4, so about p1238 a box, about 28.70 USD.

Any comparisons out there?  There are some other places I can try if this is way too high.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know about contact lenses, but IN GENERAL you can expect imported products (from outside Asia7) cost MORE in RP because of the custom fees, and they are normaly extra high if it's products, which compete with products, which are produced in RP.

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

My wife uses the air optics aqua. I get them online at 1-800-contacts for $24.89 or P1,071 a box. So it's pretty close to what you pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife uses the air optics aqua. I get them online at 1-800-contacts for $24.89 or P1,071 a box. So it's pretty close to what you pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Anthony.  Based on that, I think I know what I paid last time at Eye Exam 2000 in the US.  I have a record of the expense, $200, but I didn't know how many boxes that was.  I think it must have been 8 boxes X $25.  However, I also paid $127 for the exam and fitting, so my overall cost may be cheaper in PH, due to the free exams and fittings here.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have the free exams and fittings here in Canada. Funny thing... The only time my prescription is correct and my contacts fit properly is when I pay for the service.

I'm going to look at Lasic before I come. Locally it's still $2000 an eye or I can drive 45 minutes back to Hamilton and get both eyes done for under a $thousand. Sounds feasible but I haven't done an initial yet to confirm.

Sent by Gaseous Farting Monkeys using Taptaptapupchuck

Edited by I am bob