Dead Brother

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

How sad to find out my brother passed away in an email :SugarwareZ-034: These idiots must think the world are also idiots,I must get one of these type of emails a day with similar bullshit. signspamani.gif not just spam,,,,,,,,,,, SCAMAttn: BeneficiaryFirst, we must apologize for the delay in writing you as regards to the claim of your late brothers US$22,500,000 (Twenty Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) with the UBS AG London. I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction This is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret because of the awareness of the transaction to your late brothers former Attorney who planned to divert the funds to his personal bank account. I am sure and have confidence that my firm will receive the 20% as promised by your late brother that after a successful transfer of the funds to your account that 20% will be remitted to my firm.Please note, that i have forwarded all your late brothers particulars to the paying bank (UBS AG London) for clearance and payment of the funds after ascertaining the particulars as authentic and genuine. However, the bank insisted that the funds must be paid to a blood relative who must have the same surname with your late brother and that was why i went for a proper search to get your email address to let you know of our arrangement.However, by virtue of our position as a Law Firm in charge of your inheritance, we can not receive the funds in our account and it is criminal attempt to try to acquire the funds in our name. Rather, we can only do your late brothers wish and the banks wish to have the funds remitted to your own account. Be aware that before the remittance of the funds to your account, with must have a written agreement that our 20% must be paid to us as soon as the US$22.5M is remitted to your bank account.Kindly send the information below to enable us send your full data to the bank as the beneficiary of the funds.(1) Your Full Name:..........(2) Your Full Address:.......(3) Your Phone/Fax NoWe are looking forward to doing this business with you and solicit your confidentiality in this Transaction. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter. I will send you detailed information of this transaction when i have heard from you.Waiting for your reply.Yours Faithfully,George GrenvilleOld Square Chambers London.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Of course it is a scam. But it is an interesting variation of the 419 scam. The writer knows that you don't have a dead brother with ties to some Bloody Olde England bank. He is instead counting on at least 2 things. 1. You ignorance of 419 scams.2. Your human nature 'greed'. Getting something for nothing. Or so you are supposed to think.Ewe, the intended victim are supposed to read the email and then greed is supposed to set in, and then you are supposed to try to pretend that you do indeed have a dead brother (I infact, do have a dead brother, if anyone wants to borrow him, let me know) and then you will try to bluff your way into getting this money.What I would suggest is that you respond, with a 'whale of a tale', and email for email, waste this guys time. Pretending to send money transfers, your phone lines are down due to the recent flood, you only have satilite internet.... just string him along as long as you can. In fact, if you are in Pinoyland and know any ladyboys in the internet cafes, you might turn it over to them and let them add it to their daily routine. You know, your sister was kidnapped in Nigeria and the person dealing between your family and the kidnappers was killed in a car wreck and now you need to find someone to contact the kidnappers to arrange your sisters release and handle the funds transfer..... You know,the ususal wild 419 story....

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I replied to one of those a while back but for some reason they never responded. Here is my contact info maybe you can see where i made the mistake.1) Jack Meof2) 69 Fokewe St. Bumfok Iowa 696993) 256-638-5375 A free beer or soft drink on my next trip to the first three who decipher the secret message. PM me. Hint: the phone number.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

2. Your human nature 'greed'. Getting something for nothing. Or so you are supposed to think. I can see it now in the Philippine newspapers ......... "Legacy get rich quick plan holders find new way to make quick money ...... but loose lots of siblings to do so ....... death toll of brothers reaches 60,000" .........